Notification shows incomprehensible text

Hello.

Today I got a Windows-notification from FS Protection that I first not could understand. After clicking on it I got to the information-page about that the license will be renewed by you before expiring. Maybe you can look into writing a more understandable text for these notifications?

Thanks!

Kind regards, Erik

Accepted Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

It actually looks more like a temporary placeholder or all the information that has not been cooked yet. For example, when changing from one design (of flyer / notification / flow) to another.

There may also be incomplete certain localization of FS Protection (however, your Windows title is in English - so, it is unlikely).

Another possibility is that this notification type was completely "dropped" and it was not expected that anyone would meet it. However, not yet fully removed from software routine.

In any case, it would be possible to create a bug-report on the beta portal (beta.f-secure.com). In this way, perhaps activity will be shown and renewal will take place. Unless, of course, this has not been done before. Because I do not think the current (screenshot) type of notification is expected one. Thus, it looks more like not a feedback, but a found bug.

Typically, their notifications are much clearer written understandable text.

Thanks!

Answers

• er1ks
    er1ks Posts: 3 Observer

Hello.

Thanks for your post. I have submitted an bug report.

Kind regards, Erik

Hi,

I already answered the bug report. First of all, thanks for creating the report, we did not realize this had happened. The reason is that the localization identifiers are changed for next beta release. However, the localizations follow different release cycle than the software and were already released to beta, however, the software is still pending some bug fixes, so now there are mismatching identifiers which causes these texts to be shown instead.

It affects all subscription lifecycle communication: subscription expiring, subscription expired in both flyers notifications and "Messages" dialog.

This will be fixed in next beta release.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• er1ks
    er1ks Posts: 3 Observer

Thanks for your answer. Since this was my first bug-report I was a bit unsure where to file the report but now I know.

I wish you a good day.

-Erik