Freedome stops all connection

markai
markai Posts: 6 New Member
edited October 2020 in F-Secure VPN

Hello, as soon as I activate Freedome v2.36.6554.0 in my Win 2004 (64-bit) notebook all connections stop.

Does not matter which access point I try (typically one in Euopean or N-America).

Not able to load even most popular web sites, or check for updates from within the Freedome client, or open any othe web links that the client lists.

Dealing with this since some weeks. Some while ago sent a support request to freedome-windows-feedback@f-secure.com (this address provided in the client) but no answer. I wonder how to go from here? Freemdome used to be super-reliable... what may have happend?

Thank you for any suggestions! -markai

Accepted Answer

Answers

• markai

Thank you Sethu, this got it to work again!

Special kudos for adding the download link to 6555 because my 6554 knew nothing about available update

• markai

Weird. This morning flawless, like all yesterday. This evening back to complete fail. Tried switching to different access points here and overseas, to no avail. The moment I stop Freedome, I have excellent connection. The moment I reactivate, every app starts whining...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @markai

This is something we need to analyze the logfile to find the root cause and provide you further troubleshoot steps. Please generate logfile and reach our support team.

• markai

Thank you! So where I will upload the file?

Or which email address do I send it to?

Is there a case no already assigned?

• Droob
    Droob Posts: 2 New Member

I have same problem on mac since last update - At restart connection is blocked.

The hack solution is to turn freedome off and back on, but this is not good.

• markai

Acc to support Article no: 000002358, on iOS and Android, the log file function will start and address an email to F-Secure support. On Mac and Windows, the log file is saved to desktop. You have to figure out the proper email address from some other source.

• [Deleted User]

Hi @markai

No worries, you can click here to see our F-Secure Support number or Live Chat Support( bottom right corner), they will assists you if there is any issue with sending logfile from mobile.

• markai

I am on desktop. Please supply email address where I can send log file to. Thank you!

• [Deleted User]

Hi @markai

We have escalated this post to our support team, so one of our support engineer will be in contact with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info