Rating icons in Safari disappeared

Noticed this today and never had a similar issue. Tried to re-install SAFE & re-start my Macbook but it didn't help, the issue is still here.

The extension seems to be working since it blocked the F-Secure test-page for extensions. I've looked through all the settings and so on, but I can't find the issue.

Anyone had a similar issue and got it solved?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• hnn73
    hnn73 Posts: 3 Observer

I have the same issue with Windows.

It seems all the icons work when I use Bing, but not with Google.

Also it seems to affect all browsers. Vivaldi, Edge, Chrome and FireFox.

Tried to reinstall the plugins, no help.

If someone has an idea what to try, that would be nice. Or maybe it will solve itself with the oncoming updates (?)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited October 2020

Despite the fact that the original concern was about MacOS (?) - to the second reply I can add that there is also such a situation with my beta F-Secure SAFE solution for Windows. All (?)  is fine with Bing Search / Yahoo Search / DuckDuckGo, and not with Google Search. Where only some 'sub'-results of certain entries may be with a rating logo.

Maybe something has changed in the interface / structure of Google search page and addition of rating logos has broken.

The extension seems to be working since it blocked the F-Secure test-page for extensions. I've looked through all the settings and so on, but I can't find the issue.

To the original subject: could you check whether test page was under HTTPS protocol (or http instead)? Also, maybe could you try to check situation with other supported search engine - if your experience was about only one of them (Google Search, for example).

Thanks!

• amatiin
    amatiin Posts: 3 Observer

Despite the fact that the original concern was about MacOS (?) - to the second reply I can add that there is also such a situation with my beta F-Secure SAFE solution for Windows. All (?) is fine with Bing Search / Yahoo Search / DuckDuckGo, and not with Google Search. Where only some 'sub'-results of certain entries may be with a rating logo.

I tried a bunch of different browsers and search engines yesterday, and I I actually have this exact issue (except that I run MacOS and the regular F-Secure SAFE). Google search seems to be the main problem, no matter which browser I use.

According to my friend, this also seems to occure in products running other anti-virus programs like Avast, so perhaps the change is at Google’s end?

• hnn73

"According to my friend, this also seems to occure in products running other anti-virus programs like Avast, so perhaps the change is at Google’s end?"

I just checked Norton community, someone posted there about having the same issue. So it seems that it is indeed something to do with Google. I hope they will resolve it soon enough. :)

• hnn73

Ah, good to know it is a known issue and a fix is coming, thank you in advance :)

• amatiin
    amatiin Posts: 3 Observer

@Jaims good to know, thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info