trying to install spectrum security suite and the install fails without any detailed error msg

VersaillesJohn
VersaillesJohn Posts: 3 Observer
edited September 2020 in Other Home Security products

I'm trying to install spectrum security suite and the install fails without any detailed error msg

Answers

• VersaillesJohn

I spent 90 minutes on chat session with spectrum help who were an absolute zero in terms of resolving the issue.

• VersaillesJohn

I get a big red exclamation pt with a "failed to create" msg when I put the computer name in.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Sorry for my ignorance but what is 'Spectrum'?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited September 2020

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Sounds that this branded F-Secure solution by Spectrum can be not about the most latest available build (at least, it looks like some sort of 'bug'). Maybe you could try to reach their support one more time and to ask about:

-- possibilities of any 'up-to-date' installers / solution versions if your one was not latest.

-- to provide installation assistance for you. For example, maybe need to use special Uninstallation Tool before further attempts to install solution (F-Secure Uninstallation Tool is available here: https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/support/tools )

But, as a general discussion, what is your system? Windows or Mac?

In addition, could you try to rename user account or computer name to avoid any special characters (since of your sentence: ""big red exclamation pt with a "failed to create" msg when I put the computer name in.""). Or to 'name' installation device (put the computer name in) with something like "Computer" just as check.

However, another option is to try different way to install solution. Usually, installers with embedded license to its filename. If it is not the case about your try and you had to provide licence key during installation (or login into the account) - then maybe you could try to ask their Support about way to embed licensekey to executable filename for smooth installation flow. Sorry for kind of misleading suggestions.

Thanks!

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    edited October 2020

Hi @VersaillesJohn ,

Here's a link that might help you installing Spectrum's Security Suite on a Windows computer.

In case of any failure, please contact Spectrum Support directly (the link above might also be helpful in that).

This discussion has been closed.