Acronis True Image 2020

Kimmo13
Kimmo13 Posts: 32 Contributor

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to run Acronis True Image 2020 alongside F-Secure SAFE without fear of any compatibility problem ?

Answers

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I don't see why there would be any compatibility issues. I have been running Acronis TI 2017 for three years alongside F-Secure without any problems.

• Kimmo13
    edited May 2020

Hello,

Thanks @Simon for your explanations.

Another question @Simon , do you have "Active Protection" ON in your Acronis True Image ?

• Simon

Bearing in mind mine is an older version, is that where it's constantly making backups on the fly? If that's the case, then no I don't, I just use it for scheduled backups, but I still don't see how that could affect FS as Acronis isn't an antivirus product (unless it's changed since 2017) so there should be no conflicts.

• Kimmo13

Thanks again @Simon for your explanations.

I'm not yet using ATI so I don't know what exactly means "Active Protection" ?

However, I read this article https://www.acronis.com/en-us/active-protection/

• Simon

OK, so that seems to be a fairly new thing, which I'm not familiar with. Lots of other types of 'protection' software seem to be trying to be a jack-of-all-trades, and sometimes can work against each other so I think you were right to query this. It does state:

"Acronis Active Protection is an advanced ransomware protection technology. Completely compatible with the most common anti-malware solutions, our technology actively protects all of the data on your systems, including documents, media files, programs, and more – even your Acronis Backup Files."

However, when you click the link, only a few antivirus products are listed and FS isn't one of them.

My guess is that there wouldn't be a problem but for clarification, you might want to give FS Support a call (it seems the Chat service is unavailable), or hold on and hopefully one of the tech guys will respond to this thread.

https://www.f-secure.com/gb-en/home/support/contact

• Kimmo13

Thanks @Simon , I dit not see this list but it seems strange that all of these AV are 2017 versions 🤔

• Kimmo13

Hello @Simon

I just have a chat with a very friendly technician but the only solution he offered me is:

"Sir, as far as Acronic True program is concerned, we can ask you only to see if they will work together with SAFE: I checked that for you however we can only investigate it further at the moment you have both programs installed and SAFE will show issues. "

I'm really disappointed🙄

• Simon

I guess they can't test every app for compatibility, and would deal with any issues as they become apparent.

If you already have FS installed, then I would perhaps disable it while installing Acronis, then re-enable FS. As I said, I'm not familiar with the 2020 version of Acronis, but if you have issues, maybe try disabling the ransomware protection on one or other of the apps to see if things improve?

I'm afraid this one seems to be a bit of a case of trial and error.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Kimmo13

We do not guarantee compatibility with any other security products. We do not test it!

Users may use it at their own risk but when users say that multiple security products work fine together, the scenario is often on a clean system where both products are mostly idle.

The real issue may come when there is malware detection and both products try to handle it at the same time, stepping on each others toes.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info