Could not configure the app on IOS

Kcice
Kcice Posts: 4 New Member

Hi, 

All of the sudden, I am unable to connect. It keeps reading, "Could not configure the app. Restart Freedome and try again." 

I have restarted the app. I have deleted the app and redownloaded it. I have restarted my phone several times. What to do now? 

Thank you for any suggestions. 

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited May 2020

Hi @Kcice 

It seems Freedome app is unable to validate your subscription which is the reason for this error. 

If you are an F-Secure TOTAL user, you need to Log Out from the Freedome, uninstall and reinstall else, the credential will still be stored on the device, therefore, a reinstallation will not solve the problem. 

If the above does not work, kindly try the steps in this thread here.

• Kcice

I tried both suggestions and it did not work. The thread below took me to something irrelevant. 

I have deleted the app again and reinstalled it. I am trying to restore the iTunes purchase. It keeps telling me that an error has occurred and to try again later. If I am unable to use the app, I would like to request a refund. How do I go about doing that? Thank you. 

• Jaims

Hi @Kcice 

What is the iOS version running on your iPhone? Please try to update to version 13.3.1 if available. 

The link I shared has a step to clear the DNS cache which is temporarily turning On the Airplane mode. If this troubleshooting does not work, please try the below;

Kindly verify that after you reinstalled the Freedome app, you got the error message straightaway or you got into the 4-page of tutorial before you can select Activate Subscription or Start using Freedome.

To uninstall Freedome app completely, please proceed with the following steps ;

1. If the app has a configuration profile, kindly delete it.

• Go to Settings > General > Device Management, Profile Management, or Profile & Device Management, then tap on the Freedome app’s configuration profile.
    • Then tap Delete Profile. If asked, enter your device passcode, then tap Delete.
      **You can ignore the first step if there is no profile found.
    2. To uninstall Freedome completely ;
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to General
    • Go to iPhone Storage
    • Tap on Freedome
    • Select Delete App

3. Reinstall Freedome
    • Go to App Store
    • Search for F-Secure Freedome VPN
    • Tap the Cloud icon and once completed, please tap Open
    • On the welcome page, swipe to the left 4 times > Select Start Using Freedome
    • Check the box to accept the terms and regulations.
    Freedome should be ready to use.

Please let us know if the above steps does not help to solve the issue, then we will have to email you to troubleshoot further, we will need a log to investigate the cause too. 

Regarding refund, purchase was done from Apple Store, hence you will have to contact Apple or check here for the refund and cancellation process. 

• Kcice

I followed the instructions. My phone is up to date. I deleted the app and reinstalled. It still says that it "could not configure the app. Restart Freedome and try again."

• Kcice

Hi, 

I have not heard back from you and I would really appreciate a helpful response. I still cannot use Freedome but I have paid for the subscription so it's very frustarting. Please help me troubleshoot the issue I mentioned above. 

• Jaims

Hi @Kcice 

Sincere apologies for the late in response. 

There are quite a few or no more troubleshooting we can perform now unless we have a look at some logs first. So for this reason, I will be sending you an email today so you could send us the diagnostic log from your device, then we will take it up from there.

Thanks for your cooperation, patience and understanding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info