Please Add Self Protection For F-Secure Safe

BDPGEI
BDPGEI Posts: 2 New Member

I can easily end the proccess of F-Secure from task manager, if a malware gets admin privilege, it can easily end the F-Secure Safe.

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Actually, it is good to use "local" user account (restricted) and not the one with Administrative rights on the daily use. Then unexpected escalation is a bit more tricky and should be based on vulnerable design of system (sometimes already means compromised system).

And pretty normal that Administrator of system (user) can to disable certain process or software. However and so, I am also think that additional protection is good - but how it should be? As with some other security solutions or something else? And did you mean to improve "Self Protection for F-Secure SAFE"  or that it is completely missed?

In addition, if malware gets admin privilege - then it should be possible to uninstall any(practically) software. And, maybe, even to perform malicious payload despite active (not uninstalled or not disabled) security solution. So, perhaps high 'Self Protection' for disable/end/kill process is not always a solution against targeted threats.

// there is also one more related Feature Request:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Device-control-amp/idi-p/102146

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @BDPGEI

This idea has been implemented and now in production.

The Idea is now considered completed and closed!

Thank you for your suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.