Cannot install F-Secure Internet Security, please help?

Hi,

I just upgraded my computer and made a fresh install of windows. I'm trying to install Internet Security, but the Network Installer keeps giving me an error stating: "Check Windows Updates. Server certificate confirmation unsuccesful. Your Windows-vesion might be outdated. Please update Windows and try again." (This is a free translation, my app is in Finnish.)

My OS is: Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, version 1909, build 18363.628

I have done every update I can think of and my subscription for the product is active. Also I have no other F-secure (or other company) products installed.

Please advise how to proceed? I couldn't find any working solution elsewhere.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). There are some Knowledgebase articles with potentially useful information:

Could you try to check them (despite the fact that your description is not fully applied to articles)? At least first one article is actually about business solutions - but design can be unified between home and business solutions; and part of article with generic steps that are also valid for home systems.

In addition, there is an option to contact their direct Support channels (for example, web-chat):

Support Agents, usually, with an ability to troubleshoot properly.

Thanks!

Hi,

The issue is that we ask Windows to verify that we are talking to F-Secure servers during installation. Normally, Windows has the proper certificates (called "Root Certificate Authority") installed or it will automatically fetch them from Windows Update. For some reason, this doesn't work for you. It should be fixable with the instructions provided by @Ukko  (first link, second link is not related to this problem).

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Myst
    Myst Posts: 2 New Member

Thank you for both your replies. These seemed the likely causes for the problem. Unfortunately in my case this didn't help. I did manage to get help from F-secure personnel via other channels though and the problem is now solved.

I hope this thread will help others though.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info