Freedome Linux

Huginn
Huginn Posts: 1 New Member

I've been looking at F-Secure options for Linux and from what I've found is a lot of weird stuff. Appearantly its not feasable for a bigger company to make a Linux port of a VPN, which smaller companies have done. And even after the high ups going on about IOT being a bad thing and so on, why isn't the open source OS supported? Can someone please explaine why exactly isn't there a linux port? If there is not gonna be one, after my year is up, I'm gonna hop to a better supported option.

Comments

• Smokey_314
    Smokey_314 Posts: 4 Observer

The real answer to F-Secure supporting is to provide either OpenVPN profiles, WireGuard profiles, or IKEv2 profiles. 

• Smokey_314
    Smokey_314 Posts: 4 Observer

Mulvad provides WireGuard.  PIA gives OVPN, for example.  

You must authenticate with a username/password. An app isn't required. 

You can use Streisand or Algo to spin up your own VPN on a public cloud server.  I prefer Algo/WireGuard.  A Digital Ocean droplet works great for 5$ US per month. 

However, I do also like my packet traffic to be somewhat anonymized by using an IP address other people use too. 

Use pfSense to connect to one of the VPN providers who publish a connection profile to cover your entire network...

• Jaypee
    Jaypee Posts: 2 New Member

Fragmentation of distributions isn't a large issue, because of tarballs. Virtually any distribution can build the software out of these.

Blender and Steam (closed source) are like this, for example. They don't offer distribution-exclusive versions.

But like it was said, a profile is even more simple.

I'd like to stay as a customer, but that seems to be impossible, once I transfer from Windows to Linux soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info