All 4 has detected Freedome?

EmmaNikita
EmmaNikita Posts: 10 Observer

Hi all.

I’ve been happily using Freedome for a year now but All 4, Channel 4’s app (UK TV) now tells me I cannot watch from my location. Have they blocked Freedome and how can you help?

BBC iPlayer works

Thanks,

Emma

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @EmmaNikita 

Thank you for reporting us the issue, it's becoming increasingly common for media steaming websites to block viewers who use VPNs bypass geo-restrictions placed on their services. Prime examples include Hulu, US Netflix. It can be temporary blocking and you can wait for sometime i.e a week.

May I know in which country you are living now? and did you try connect your device with different ISP i.e Wifi to 4G?

Could you please check the Freedome version running on your device?

Please provide us those blocked streaming app/websites, so we can check this with our backend team.

• EmmaNikita

Hi @Sethu 

I do live in the UK but I travel a lot around Europe. I was on a train whose wifi was connected to 4G (in Sweden). Now no longer on a train but All4 no longer works.

I have an iPad running Freedome 2.8.8.6422

Is there a fix or should I use another VPN?

Thanks!

• EmmaNikita

@Sethu Back in the UK next week, will that "reset" All4 at all?

• Sethu

Hello @EmmaNikita 

Thank you for the details, it could be possible that the geo-blocking detect your current location. Have you already enabled the Location Service on your iPad? , to check that,  go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.  And you can also try clearing the App Data for both Freedome and 4 all apps to see if that solve the issue. Click here or here to find more about how to perform clean app data on iOS.

• EmmaNikita

Hi @Sethu thanks for your help. I have disabled location services and reinstalled All4 but the problem remains..

• EmmaNikita

@Sethu Any more advice? Will it reset itself when I’m back in the UK? Would creating a new All4 account help at all?

• Sethu

Hello @EmmaNikita 

Sorry for the delayed response, All4 blocked us at some point in the past but they lifted the block later. I hope that you have already selected the virtual location as UK, London on your Freedome VPN. It should work if you back in the UK. However, you can also try creating a new account and check again. To do so:

1. Clear browser cache/ Clean data app( if you are using all4 app).

2. Ensure that your Freedome ON and Select the virtual location as United Kingdom, London.

3. Create a new all4 account and check agian.

• Gurra1
    Gurra1 Posts: 6 New Member

@Sethu wrote:

<snip>

Please provide us those blocked streaming app/websites, so we can check this with our backend team.

RTE player has started blocking. (www.rte.ie/player) Their beta player is blocking as well (beta.rte.ie/player). It looks like your client is being detected as I get the same error message regardless of what country I pick in the client.

Amazon of course also detects your client along with netflix uk as already mentioned.

If you were to introduce support for using router VPN functionality I am guessing this problem would go away at least temporarily until they start blocking your endpoints.

• EmmaNikita

@Gurra1 @Sethu Back in Sweden and the same problem arises... Even after cleaning the app.

Any hope?

Thank you!

• Sethu

Hello @EmmaNikita 

Thank you again for reporting this, I will check this with backend team and will keep you posted on any further update from them.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info