REALLY delete website settings in Safe Browser on Android

Safe Browser DOES NOT delete the local storage of data made by websites. Via Settings - Advanced - Website Settings. I see storage by dozens of websites. Deleting an entry does not work. Deleting everything does not work. Entries are still there. Someone can perhaps explain what is going on, which can't possibly be a good thing. 😔

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

@preppy-skeptic 

Thank you for flagging this issue.

We have notified the relevant team and hopefully a fix will be released as soon as possible.

Sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

• preppy-skeptic
    preppy-skeptic Posts: 17 Observer

Thank you! 

• preppy-skeptic
    preppy-skeptic Posts: 17 Observer

As of today there is still no way to get rid of several megabytes of permanent trackers malware spyware  junk extremely useful, functional, and user-friendly profiling cookies, so called "site specific settings" many of which from websites I only dared visit using the supposedly secure Secure Browser.

The URLs  look extremely dodgy.

I repeat, THERE IS NO WAY TO GET RID OF THEM, DELETING ONE OR DELETING ALL DOES NOT* WORK.

How secure is a browser that accepts and preserves trackers forever, even if the user wants to get rid of them?

Is this some kind of functionality I don't understand?

Can I delete ALL F-Secure related data, preserving my subscription key, and REALLY** getting rid of the trackers?

Extremely displeased.

(* as in "no")
    (** as in "truly" or "effectively").

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

First of all, my experience is also about such state (as I explained with another topics). So, I do not able to delete / remove / clean it too.

But...

How secure is a browser that accepts and preserves trackers forever, even if the user wants to get rid of them?

does it about trackers indeed? Based on this article (?! or it is another one wording):

these settings / data can be about something "safe".

Probably, for critical information (location?!) - website should ask user's permission.

Although, that such list is exist (and it is not possible to clear; even by "button" with such "word") - quite tricky itself.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info