Issue with the Banking Protection when more tabs are active with Firefox browser

Banking protection with Firefox browser when multiple tabs are active, doesn't work the same way as with IE11.
- When used with IE11, if I open banking session in the second tab(or third tab), banking protection activates and when I close that banking tab, it closes the session while first (non-banking) tab of IE11 is still active.
- Same scenario with active two or more tabs in Firefox browser doesn't end banking protection when banking tab is closed. Whole Firefox browser with all tabs needs to be closed so the banking protection could end.
Is this normal behaviour of the banking protection ?
Thanks

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @gisot2 

This is not normal! Other tabs should resume once you click "end" on the banking protection, and close the banking tab. 

Since other browsers are not affected, can I recommend you to check that you have the latest Firefox version running (66.0.3). Try to disable and enable the Browsing Protection by F-Secure then try again. You may want to reinstall F-Secure SAFE/Internet Security and see if that solves the issue. Let us know if this works.

• gisot2
    gisot2 Posts: 6 New Member

If i click "End" on the banking protection, other tabs do resume operation normally .. my question was why doesn't the banking protection ends on its own when I close the banking tab (as in IE11)?

Win 10 64bit, Firefox 66.0.3 (64bit), F-Secure SAFE 17.6.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info