Safe browser

Had to send my car insurance cover note to my car dealer. When logged in to my insurance page on safe browser, it would not allow me to download my cover note.l had to log in through Google chrome and it downloaded OK. Why is safe browser blocking this. 

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Maybe it is good to know more information about:

-> what is your platform / OS and F-Secure solution?

Does it about iOS or Android?

-> Was "cover note" blocked (with a visible blockpage?!) or did downloading just not start?

Thanks!

• Paulpal67
    Paulpal67 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there..my phone is a sony xperia xz3 android..said could not download
  • Paulpal67
    Paulpal67 Posts: 3 New Member
    It says pdf cannot open
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Paulpal67 wrote:
    It says pdf cannot open

Hello,

So, my F-Secure SAFE installation (Android, Safe browser) with abilities to download .pdf-file (and then it is opened via Google application).

I feel that there are some points to check:

-> first of all, what is default application for opening .pdf files under device?

My experience is about some of Google applications (maybe it was Google Drive).

Perhaps, if nothing is chosen (or applied) - then Safe browser cannot open; but another browser with such feature (built-in pdf viewer as example).

Thus, good to check whether .pdf file is downloaded  (and it is not possible to open only) or not downloaded at all.

-> if downloading is prevented/blocked. Perhaps, one option is to transfer direct URL (or subject of domain) as false positive rating to F-Secure Labs via F-Secure SAS:

Or to contact their direct Support Channels for proper troubleshooting:

Sorry for my English!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info