Call Blocker

archimedes
archimedes Posts: 2 New Member

BRING BACK THE CALL BLOCKER IN SAFE (Caps intentional; I AM SHOUTING) Been with Fsecure for 15 years and have never been so dissapointed. Perhaps I should look elsewhere for my security.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Based on Knowledgebase article:

such functionality is removed due changes in Google's policies. Thus, perhaps, it is not possible to bring back functionality (at least, with that view as it was).

And, furthermore, some of another security solutions did that too. For example, two security solutions (which I also able to call "high quality") with such changes for "Call blocker" functionality. Thus, maybe it is indeed tricky to keep functionality with security solution after changes in policies.

Anyway, did you try to use built-in Google (device) call blocker options(?!). It is not enough? Or it is not enough good?

Or you would like to avoid Google services (and prefer to use F-secure own realization / cover of call blocker)?

There was a discussion about:

Thanks!

• archimedes
    archimedes Posts: 2 New Member

I'd rather not use any further Google apps if possible. They have already loaded up my phone with too much useless junk. Where can I find the built-in  Google blocker you mentioned? TIA.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

I'd rather not use any further Google apps if possible. They have already loaded up my phone with too much useless junk. Where can I find the built-in  Google blocker you mentioned? TIA.

Hello,

Sorry for a small confusion.

With my device (Android 9) - there was a pre-installed(?) "Phone" application (in together with application for "SMS and other"). What is powered by Google (I think, but I am not sure). Maybe it is common for most of recent Android builds.

So, I did not install any specific application for calls. And these applications were default.

When I open "Phone" application - then three dots for Settings - then "Settings" itself - where possible to find option for "Rejected / blocked calls / numbers". Where it is possible to block certain number. But, perhaps, it is not so useful as any "Call blocker" application. There, also, some further options (against spam) and so.

My misleading reply was based on my experience with my main phone (Windows Phone) where such functionality is built-in by default. Possible to block certain number; but, in addition, possible to block "hidden" numbers (as option). What is enough for my experience.

Thus, my suggestion was not too "suitable". And, by the way, what is your expected set of features? I mean - Call blocker should be with which ones features / options?

Sorry for my English!

Thanks!