VPN Norway won't work with nrk.no

Bjarnek
Bjarnek Posts: 15 Enthusiast

Can't see nrk.no live when using Norway any more, the new site that it registrate with is not registrated as a Norwegian site. The one that was used befor had no problem and ther where no problem whatcing norwegian nrk.no live tv.

Comments

• Finn1
    Finn1 Posts: 2 Observer

Seems as if NRK have implemented VPN blocking. Other Geoblocking sites like HBO Norway still works. Hopefully Freedome can establish new IP addresses that are not blocked.

• Soleil19
    Soleil19 Posts: 3 New Member

I have the same problem. The only reason I am subscribing to Freedome is to have access to Norwegian TV channels (NRK). I still had the connection on Wednesday 20 Feb.  Any advice or solutions to this? Freedome, please do something! 

• Bjarnek
    Bjarnek Posts: 15 Enthusiast

I have for this just for watching nrk.no live tv due to that I don't live in norway. It has worked perfectly until now.

Before did it register as: Oslo Portlane AB

Now it registers as: Stockholm GleSYS Internet Services AB

Oslo capital of Norway works great, Stockholm capital of Sweden won't work as Norway.......no need to be a professor to understand that.

• Pistonhead
    Pistonhead Posts: 3 New Member

Same problem

• Kalsa
    Kalsa Posts: 4 Observer

Same problem. I’m now using a free Windscribe vpn. The only reason for subscribing to Freedome is to watch NRK.no. 

• Soleil19
    Soleil19 Posts: 3 New Member

The free Windscribe vpn works! Thanks! This should mean that F-Secure must be able to make the connection work again. I hope they are reading this.

• Kalsa

Use the Winscribe “EXPAND20” voucher to get 20gb extra

• bambam1
    bambam1 Posts: 9 Observer

i also have the same problem 

i just checked my  download speed 

with BREDBANDSKOLLEN and this is the result

25 februari 2019, 11:02 – StockholmGleSYS Internet Services AB
     55.82 Mbit/s  5.85 Mbit/s  35.19 ms
    this first one is vpn set in sweden 
    25 februari 2019, 11:01 – StockholmGleSYS Internet Services AB
     56.14 Mbit/s  6.23 Mbit/s  59.47 ms
    and this one is set in norway 
    so it's obviousy something wrong with freedome now after changing from Portlane to GleSYS. 
    i bought freedome just for watching NRK.no, on my computer running Win 10 really hope
    F-Secure  fix this problem very soon 
  • Finn1
    Finn1 Posts: 2 Observer

I logged the issue with their service team this weekend and got the following feedback:

"Please be informed, this issue is currently is a known issue which is going on and still working on this with the service provider.
    Our back-end team have have contacted the geo location service provider in order to get this resolved. We are still waiting for their feedback for now.
    We hope you understand on this issue which is currently going on.
    You can always get back to us if you any inquires."

Hopefully it will be rectified shortly
  • Kalsa

I really hope they can fix is as fast as possible. I don't want to miss WC in Ski in Seefeld!

@Finn1 wrote:

I logged the issue with their service team this weekend and got the following feedback:

"Please be informed, this issue is currently is a known issue which is going on and still working on this with the service provider.
    Our back-end team have have contacted the geo location service provider in order to get this resolved. We are still waiting for their feedback for now.
    We hope you understand on this issue which is currently going on.
    You can always get back to us if you any inquires."

Hopefully it will be rectified shortly

• bambam1

thanks for that quick feedback, we can just wait and see and hope for the best 

• bambam1

thanks for that quick feedback, we can just wait and see and hope for quick fix of this problem

• bambam1

thx for the effort i'm very satisfied it works fine again

• JohnDire77
    JohnDire77 Posts: 4 New Member

Hi. I was in a similar situation as you,nrk.no doesnt work and I though I wanted more security while connecting to public Wi-Fi's. I did my research and found VeePN to tick all the boxes I need. I am using it for several months now and even though it was a bit of trouble setting it up on Linux, because they don't have a native app, the speeds are surprisingly good.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info