VPN Exclusions

Nate-Dogg
Nate-Dogg Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

Do you support any exclusions on the FREEDOME VPN?

I normally have Netflix or Amazon Video rolling on my second monitor while browsing the internet, since both active block proxies and VPNs I'd like to exclude their address and/or app, without going through the fuss of managing a static routing table.

I only want to watch content which is available in my country anyway, but having to disable the whole VPN while watching something is inconvenient.

Thanks.

Comments

• Nate-Dogg
    Nate-Dogg Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Pavitra,

Thanks for the reply.

That's a shame that it's only supported in Android, do you know if there's any plans to support this in the future? It seems odd that one platform has a feature and the rest don't, there should be a universal experience across all platforms.

I guess I will need to find my own work around with static route tables to bypass your FREEDOME VPN.

Netflix I should be able to bypass, they have 183,808 registered IP address' to Netflix Inc., Netflix Streaming Services Inc., Netflix Luxembourg S.a.r.l. and Netflix International BV.

Amazon Video will be more of a problem as they'll just be registered to AWS.

Thanks

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Nate-Dogg,

There are no plans at the moment. Similar app based exclusion approach, as we have on Android is not possible on other platforms.

• qwerty3
    qwerty3 Posts: 1 New Member

give people more freedom!

i also waiting for "make an exception" option in vpn

• elissah
    elissah Posts: 1 New Member

I have the same issue. 

Could you please update us on this topic. In addition, it seems that othe competitor are not "detected" by Netflix, allowing people to connect themselves on the platforms.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info