Freedome on Apple Watch

hanswurst
hanswurst Posts: 57 Observer

Hello,

I was wondering how important is it to install Freedome on an Apple Watch (WiFi only)?

And how much battery/energy is it using?

Thanks

Claus

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @hanswurst

Please have a look at this article for more information regarding this.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello hanswurst,

Please have a look at the list of supported OS for Freedome here. Watch OS which is the OS of Apple Watch is not listed in the supported OS.

• hanswurst

But there is a Freedome app on my Watch.

After trying here and there I found out that it just starts or stopps the iPhone app on the iPhone. So, I do not understand why a Watch app if it just turn ON/OF the iPhone app.

I thought it also protects when using the WiFi on the Watch but it seems to be not the case.

I deleted it already. 

• hanswurst

@Jaims: Thank you for the reply but the linked page does not "answer" my question. I had no question about problems with messaging ...

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

hi @hanswurst

The link in question is only related to the supported iOS devices (iPhone & iPad) of which at the moment, Apple Watch is not part of. 

We hope to be able to have on Apple Watch in the nearest future but as of now, there is no such support for it.

• hanswurst
    I wonder what is the purpose of Freedome on my Watch? Is it just to turn it on/off on the iPhone and see some statistics?
    Or does it have affect on the use of the Watch beside wasting space and battery?
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi hanswurst,

I checked with our team and the Freedome on your Apple watch would help to turn on or off Freedome on the iPhone.

• hanswurst

Thank you for the answer.

For me a useless tool for the Watch, wasting battery and space. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info