SAFE for Android Installation Dead Link

I bought 5 licenses for SAFE and installed on 3 PCs but when trying to install on my Android phone the Google Store link seems unavailable whenever the installer tries to connect me. Is this 'just me' or is there something wrong.

By the way, I was reluctant to use Google anything for any product concerned with security as they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory regarding people's data privacy. I think F-Secure need to re-think this one.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

but when trying to install on my Android phone the Google Store link seems unavailable whenever the installer tries to connect me. Is this 'just me' or is there something wrong

In general, possible to doublecheck that "F-Secure SAFE Internet Security & Mobile Antivirus" is available under your device by search it via Google Play Store.

I am not sure about your own steps, but I tried next ones (as check):

-> Login into My F-Secure Account portal (my.f-secure.com);

-> Choose "Add device" -> "My another device : Android phone" -> "Mail-letter to my mail-address".

-> Letter with instruction and button "Install". Such button will redirect to F-Secure own page/portal with information that redirect to Google Play Store should happen.

-> Then Google Play "F-Secure SAFE" application page is opened with avaialble "Install"-button (basically, it is redirect from browser's Google Play Store page to Google Play Store application).

I think that these steps are useful for autoactivation your licence.

But, maybe, it is possible to install F-Secure SAFE manually:

and then to activate it by logging into your account (since installed application by these steps are trial one, most likely).

Does it about your situation? Or my words are not useful at all?

Thanks!

• Deano1
    Deano1 Posts: 8 Observer
    Thanks for that detailed held advice.
    First, I tried emailing my self a link from my 'MyF-Secure' portal, but when opening that link from my phone it still gave an error message that the link was unavailable.
    Then I tried using the Google Store link you provided. That seemed to work as far as claiming it had been installed, but after waiting several minutes there is no sign of any F-Secure apps on my phone.

Thanks for trying anyway but it's a problem for F-Secure they don't seem interested in.
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for trying anyway but it's a problem for F-Secure they don't seem interested in. 

I think that with workdays and workhours - there should be (or can be) response from F-Secure Community Team.

In addition, it is possible to use their official Support channel (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

This community is something as live discussion between users and ability to escalate certain cases by F-Secure Community Team staff.

but when opening that link from my phone it still gave an error message that the link was unavailable.
    Then I tried using the Google Store link you provided. That seemed to work as far as claiming it had been installed, but after waiting several minutes there is no sign of any F-Secure apps on my phone.

Sounds strange indeed.

Just interesting - is it possible to install any other application from Google Play Store? Maybe something wrong with device configuration or tweaks/tune ups by something?

Anyway, there are knowledgebase articles about installation flow (Android platform):

Where possible to read that if application is installed and Google Play Store with this information - then should be possible to use "Open" from Google Play Store application page.

Does it possible to check these steps?

Sorry for my English! And good if there will be official response/advice/help.

Thanks!

• Deano1
    Deano1 Posts: 8 Observer

Actually, I try to avoid installing anything from Google if I can help it but thanks for the suggestion. Certainly, there was no error message showing when it claimed to be installed and my internet link hadn't dropped out.

Have a good Christmas too.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info