Freedom

Vonsi46
Vonsi46 Posts: 6 Explorer

My freedom dos not work in Austria, in germany yes but not in Austria

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Vonsi46

May I know the version of your F-secure Freedome? could you please provide us name and version of the operating system running on your device? i.e android 8.0, iOS 11

Have you tried to re-installed the F-secure Freedome?

• Vonsi46

Hello!
    I have problems trying to re-install Freedome. My program code has disappeared. How can I get at it? I have paid for this until December 1st, 2019.

Volker Sissek

• Vonsi46

Hello

I hade re-install freedom but hes not working in Austria. 

My version 2.23.5653.0

vonsi46

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Vonsi46

Just to make sure that particular service provider blocking the VPN.  May I ask you try connect your device with different network (i.e from wifi to mobile data 4G)?

Also, please try check and configure the port forwarding on your router, to know more, see this article. The problem may be a blocked port on your router. You can check whether your port is open or not through port checking websites like CanYouSeeMe.org and ismyportopen.com.

If you are unsure about configure port forwarding, I would recommend you to contact your router manufacturer company.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello @Vonsi46,

Just to add on, are you having connection issues only with the Austria location? Are you able to connect to other locations in Freedome?

Is there any error when you try to connect to the Austria location?

• Vonsi46

Hello!

Yes, it is only with Austria that I have problems. I can watch Austrian programs but only those that are free. Otherwise I always get the message "For legal reasons this video can only be seen in Austria".

I have no problems with Germany at all.

Vonsi46

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Vonsi46,

May I know which programs are you trying to see and you get this error message?

• Vonsi46

Hello!

I get that message when I try to watch:

Some films from Austria, for example SOKO Donau, some documentaries from Austria (Unser Österreich), and many other programs, but not all.

My IP address is: 188.172.220.71

Registrated in Austria/Klagenfurt. (But Freedome’s location is Vienna.) 

Best regards,

Volker Sissek

vonsi46

• TifaOng
    TifaOng Posts: 32 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Vonsi46,

I want to get this issue right.

Your current situation is, you can connect to Austria using Freedome but you're not able to watch Austrian movies, is that right? You get the error message "For legal reasons this video can only be seen in Austria".

Please check if your IP and DNS is not leaked out by using  https://ipleak.net/ . 

Also, can you share the website URLs that are giving this error message, "For legal reasons this video can only be seen in Austria"?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info