Outlook Errors when using freedome

pud666
pud666 Posts: 5 New Member

Hello

When I activate Freedome, my outlook displays the following error message and will not pull down any incoming mail

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for <removed>@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for <removed>@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

If I turn off freedome then I don;t get any issues. Any advice ? I think most of the threads I have reviewed for this have no satisfactory conclusion.

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @pud666

Please refer this article and change the email sending settings on your device, that should help to fix the issue.

• pud666

Seth, please read my comment again. My issue is receiving email. I had seen the thread that you provided the link for. The link specifically talks about being able to receive but not send. This is not my situation 

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi pud666,

May I know if this is affecting only receiving emails and not sending emails with Freedome on?

What is the OS of your device and the version of Freedome installed on your device?

Did this issue suddenly occur if Freedome was installed previously? Or is it a fresh install of Freedome?

• pud666

Hello Laksh.

Freedome Version 2.23.5653.0
    Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) 1803 Build 17134.345

I have just installed Freedome for the first time as part of Total Security package upgraded from SAFE.
    Email can be sent from Outlook, but not received. To verify this I have sent an email in outlook (I have 2 accounts)(I get synchronisation error so I cannot check for mail incoming in outlook) but then if i use web browser  I can see the email in my inbox. Therefore, the mail is being sent fine, just not able to collect incoming mail.

Thank you

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello pud666,

Thanks for the update. Have you tried to change locations and see if this helps?

If this still does not help, please proceed to get in touch with our support team via chat or phone to troubleshoot further.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info