Internet Security Tools - Editing allowed and blocked web sites

I have entered a website that permanently opened in Chrome into blocked websites.
However this website still opens.

Is there anything else I should do in order to prevent this?

Sincerely Horst

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just as my own unofficial feelings:

-> even if website is under 'deny'-list - likely that "this website still opens" is normal.

But it should be with blockpage by F-Secure (or if it is HTTPS-protocol and F-Secure Browsing Protection browser addon is disabled - 'page is not found' or 'generic TLS/SSL trouble-page'). So, website under 'blocked/denied' list is not prevention against tries to be opened.

But did you mean that page is still visible with all its content?

-> if yes: maybe good to provide example of website URL and 'string' under blocked list.

For example, next string under blocked/denied websites list should work for most situations (only domain name and top-level domain):

troublewebsiteexample.com

but it is not a solution maybe.

Because:

Is there anything else I should do in order to prevent this?

does it known(safe?) website - but unwanted for you?

Or it is unexpected website for you? Maybe good to doublecheck your browser extensions and scan system against some kind of adware or PUA/PUPs.

Thanks!

• stau
    stau Posts: 8 New Member

Thanks for your fast reply an sorry if my English might look somewhat troublesome.
    The website concerned still shows up as normal after my trial to block it.

There is no specific message by F-Secure. Beneath find a JPG. Although it is in German I think it is well understandable.

Your note " even if website is under 'deny'-list - likely that "this website still opens" is normal." is not quite understandable to me since F-Secure`s Internet Security's task should be to prevent its opening. What else.

Hopefully you hte screencast is of a help.F-Secure blocked website-1.jpg

• stau

I feel the JPG I just sent is not well legible.

I attach it once again.

F-Secure blocked website-1.jpg

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Your note " even if website is under 'deny'-list - likely that "this website still opens" is normal." is not quite understandable to me since F-Secure`s Internet Security's task should be to prevent its opening

My meanings  were: if ?! page is tried to be opened -> it is anyway can be (but F-Secure should overwrite it and there will be own F-Secure blockpage).

And, yes, you are right. Page should be blocked (access is prevented). But if something will trigger opening such page -> likely that browser will be with opened tab and with tries to 'open' page (but it should be prevented and blocked by F-Secure and replaced by their blockpage).

Sorry for my worst English.

What about your list/URL:

I'm not sure about current design for F-Secure Internet Security (I do able to try a little be later) - but does it possible to check situation with next changes to entry:

suche.gmx.net

as string under denied list.

or just

gmx.net

But sounds that it is a valid portal/service? And maybe it is possible to change browser's settings for?

When such website is opened? At browser launch?

Thanks! 

• stau

I think I found out what kind of website bothers me. It is a searching machine. It is even a searching machine of me e-mail provider which I had never installed. Therefore I cannot try to block by entering gmx.net. This would block the whole traffic between me and my provider.

But I found it installed automatically into Google Chrome as a kind of add-in. I now removed it in Chrome's setup und hope this will solve the case.

Anyhow, I am not happy with the malfunctioning of F-Secure. I will try to contact their hotline and will report to you if I get a satisfying answer.

Tanks for your assistance.

Sincerely
    Horst

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info