Supersafe boost

I am a talktalk customer, and am trying to install superSafe.

However, when I try to log in, it doesn't accept my password, nor does it send me a link to reset the password.

I know what the problem is, the problem is that fsecure does not recognize my new email address, which has changed since I first signed in about 2 years ago.

What is the answer? talktalk are unable to help.

Help!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

If TalkTalk Support does not able to change your mail-address under your account (or not possible to try specific TalkTalk login page?! for logging) -> maybe another option is to try F-Secure official Support Channels (chat as example) and ask about available options:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

But... if your trouble is about 'fresh mail address' -> did you try to use your previous mail address (as login) and your password? And if your account is still valid - to ask Support for:

trouble is that based on article -> access to previous mail-address is important.

Thanks!

• zippy0412
    zippy0412 Posts: 2 New Member

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately Talktalk say to contact F-Secure and F-Secure say contact Talktalk. Niether of them are capable of helping. They both blame each other for the problem, so the only option I have is to give up.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    They both blame each other for the problem, so the only option I have is to give up.

Hello,

I think that it is not an option.

I do able to think about two points:

-> does it possible to login with your previous mail-address (as login-name) and password?

if yes - it is expired?

if no - maybe trouble is not pinned to 'fresh' mail address?

-> what is account type there? Does it pinned to your TalkTalk account? Or it is just normal F-Secure Account (which pinned to talktalk)?

Likely that TalkTalk or F-Secure Supports should to provide help with changing your mail-address to your account. Or based on your ?!purchase/TalkTalk-account to advice further about steps to retrieve SuperSafe Boost (if it is still applicable to your account).

Did you request to change your pinned mail-address (and answer was that it is not possible at their side)?

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi zippy0412,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

However, any customized version of our F-Secure program will need to be checked by the respective Internet Service Provider. This is because we have limited knowledge and access to TalkTalk customized version of F-Secure program and license. The best person to assist you on this issue will still be TalkTalk themselves.

On the other hand, I have also highlighted your post internally to help you above our support scope.

We apologize for the experience you had in this issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info