VPN error on starting the program on Mac

Inot
Inot Posts: 4 New Member

10.13.6 (17G65)

"F-Secure Freedome Error message"

The App could not be configured. Restart

The program won't start however. Had this last week, downloaded the program anew on sunday and now the same old spot again. Freedome had problems finding when changing the country and could then not be ended either.

Have had Freedome for a couple of years now, excellent product! 

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Inot

We really thank you for using F-secure product for long time. Based on the error message, there is possible latest update not installed properly or corrupted , as such the re-installation should help to fix the issue but since it seems have already perfomerd the re-installation steps. So the problem may be related to the "Keychain". Could you please try following the below steps?

1. Make a backup copy of your Data
    2. Start your device in Recovery Mode
    3. Open the Terminal
    4. Use the command chflags norestricted /V*/*/L*/Keyc*/*
    5. Wait till a new line with an hashtag (#) is displayed
    6. Restart your device

If you are unsure or have performed the above steps, but the issue still remain. Please contact our support team via Chat or Phone in order to troubleshoot this further.

• Inot

Thank you Seth for the assistance. Will do and report back. One question though, can you advise what the recovery mode start is? Many thanks!

• Sethu

Hello @Inot

You are welcome!

You can find more details about macOS recovery here and the Video tutorial can be found here

• Inot

Right, command-R does ring a distant bell... Thanks again.

Just one clarifyer: I'll start (cmd-R) with the back-up I've then made? This would make sense ;-)

• Inot

Seth,

Did the procedure and finished just now, it took 7 hours to restart and then the prompted Apple-ID relogging ins etc. I hope I did the right thing ;-) 

Am I supposed to do a new backup or put another way has the terminal command "thing" altered something that I need to make a new copy right away?

Seems to work ok now but I'll wait a couple of days as the reinstallation of the Freedome program worked ok at first as well... Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

• Sethu

Hello @Inot

Glad to know that you were able to solve the issue. it seems you have performed the Recovery Mode to  repair a disk on macOS. It can fix certain disk problems for example, multiple apps quit unexpectedly, a file is corrupted, an external device doesn’t work properly, or your computer won’t start up. In your case, its possible some system file might be corrupted and has now repaired to make the Freedome VPN work again. You need not to perform a new backup for now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info