Event History - Clear All

Kenster
Kenster Posts: 1 Observer

There used to be a 'Clear All' feature on the Event History page. This was removed with the last F-Secure update. As a result the list of blocked sites just builds up and they cannot be removed. Can this 'Clear All' feature be put back.

0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Just as potential connection with topic-discussion about subject:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Is-it-able-to-delete-all-events/td-p/108320

// just as an addition to request-words: list of all blocked malicious and suspicious sites (while 'restricted' pages are not visible with such list; 'restricted' - when you do use Content blocker or certain 'deny' list).

• Jean4
    Jean4 Posts: 1 New Member

In version 17.4 the clear event history disappeared.

Please restore this! Ottherwise many users wil quit with f-Secure.

don't wait till next release! Support a temporarely tool!!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

There is discussion about subject:

and there is another feature request (possible to vote it):

But, in general, what is main reason to "clear all events" with your experience? Hide something; clean up visual feelings; or inability to brief look for only interesting recent events?

For example, for me more interesting to be with option to remove/delete only chosen by me events (rather ability to remove all list -> I did use it only for clean up list against 'bogus' ones).

Thanks!

• russelluk1961
    russelluk1961 Posts: 1 New Member

I also would like the clear tab back 

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Everyone,

As Ukko has pointed out the post, this is the recent reply from Ville - https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Is-it-able-to-delete-all-events/m-p/109742/highlight/true#M19495.

Taking an excerpt from Ville's post -

'However, since your feedback we have prioritized bringing it back. Current plan is that next version will have the button back, to be released during autumn.'

• Laksh
  • thiery68
    thiery68 Posts: 4 New Member

There is a way to delete the Event history but it is a way around:
    All steps described are at your own risk and I recommend exactly to follow the steps in
    the order listed to avoid any harm on your computer:
    1. Disconnect your W-LAN or LAN (important as you are shutting down F-Secure services).
    2. Then go over Start -> Windows Administrative Tools -> Services
    3. Stop following 4 services (right click and choose in pulldown "Stop"):
    - F-Secure Hoster
    - F-Secure Hoster (Restricted)
    - F-Secure Ultralight Hoster
    - F-Secure Ultralight ORSP Client
    4. NOTE: from this point on you do not have any Internet Security Protection as all services
    are shut down now
    5. Go on your Windows Desktop Screen and double-click on "This PC" -> choose drive C (your system drive) -> Folder "ProgramData" (your settings must allow to show hidden items) -> F-Secure -> EventHistory
    6. Delete the file "event" (only possible when services are stopped, otherwise you will get an alert that file
    is currently in use), it is the only one existing file in this folder
    7. Reboot your system and after successfully logged in Windows, F-Secure services are automatically restarted and you only must reconnect to your W-LAN or LAN
    8. Go on the F-Secure tray icon on the right side of the taskbar and right click to choose in the pull-up menu the Events History. There is no entry anymore.

This has been tested a couple of times on my laptop and I didn't experience any issue.
    System: Windows 10 Pro Spring Creators Update 18.03 Build 17134.228

• Laksh

The Clear All button is back in SAFE for PC with the recent automatic updates. You will have the setting back if you have the Common Component Framework 3.15.612 installed in your device. You can check them under the settings > Download list and in the About View.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Kenster

This idea has been implemented and now in production.

The Idea is now considered completed and closed!

Thank you for your suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.