Updates not being installed

Rie
Rie Posts: 4 New Member

To my horror I am getting a message to say that my F Secure protection is not up to date and I can see that ceratin updates have failed to install on my Windows 10 Toshiba laptop.

How do I rectify this please?

Many Thanks

Comments

• jyvaut58
    jyvaut58 Posts: 6 Observer

Hi,

Rebooting the PC is done! Nothing has changed.

The subscription is valid. Successful update search. Last try today on 02:33 pm.

Do not know what I have to do.

Thank you for the help,

Regards,

JYV

• Rie
    Rie Posts: 4 New Member

Rebooted, everything looks OK now,

Many thanks

• jyvaut58
    jyvaut58 Posts: 6 Observer

Didn't understand!!!

I just installed my Nvidia graphic driver, had a look on F-Secure. Last update on 02:50 pm.

F-Secure is okay. Very good, but why?

JY

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

Hey,

Typical reason for this is some database update required reboot so product started refusing to update anymore after that as a result.

• LouiseBaldock1
    LouiseBaldock1 Posts: 1 New Member

This is happening to me too. There are about 6 updates in a queue. I don't know how to reboot, technically. Please advise.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@LouiseBaldock1 wrote:

This is happening to me too. There are about 6 updates in a queue. I don't know how to reboot, technically. Please advise.

Hello,

If your experience is also about Windows 10 (or most of Windows) -> should be possible to do steps like:

Go to Start(Microsoft Windows-logo), select the Power(PowerOn button-logo) button, and then select Restart.

src of tips is https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/search?query=reboot%20Windows%2010

Or another third-party article with some steps to do it:

After restart/reboot system -> some minutes are needed (most likely); then if there is still some 'updates' in a queue - good to try one else restart/reboot system. In general, if trouble is still there - good to re-ask (what if another fix steps are needed).

Thanks!

Pricing & Product Info