FS Protection PC Release 219
F-Secure One Client SAFE 4.00.3346
- Product architecture changed: instead of 3 separate packages that combined make the product, there is now just single package.
- Slightly less disk space required (88MB instead of 95MB, excluding Ultralight content)
- Slightly reduced memory footprint (excluding Ultralight processes)
- Faster and more reliable installation; installation will now either succeed or fail, there is no partial success like before
- Faster and more reliable update; update will now either succeed or fail, there is no partial success like before
- New network installer to support the new architecture. High resolution and accessibility support. The product is now installed first, license is acquired after installation.
- New FSDiag to support the new architecture. High resolution and accessibility support.
- FSDiag now uses zlib for compression instead of 7-zip. End-user can more easily now inspect what has been collected before they send it to F-Secure. This helps with privacy and transparency.
- Licensing subsystem has been re-designed. License status should now update faster and at the same time in all places of the product.
- There is no subscription reminder when subscription is about to expire.
- When Firewall is disabled in Settings, the disabled status is not reflected in Main GUI, and there will be no notification about this.
- "Turn on" when all security features have been disabled involves an elevation prompt (PBL-3759).
- "Turn on" when all security features have been disabled puts the GUI to bad state when the operation is cancelled from the elevation prompt (PBL-3774).
- "Turn on" Virus protection from the notification does not work (PBL-3750).
- Ransomware protection switch is not working correctly in one scenario (PBL-3748).
- Browsing Protection state is not displayed after installation. Reboot fixes the problem (PBL-3770).
- Manual scanning settings do not have any effect (PBL-3771).
Note: This version is available as clean installation only. We are still working on migration package for existing beta users. You can keep using the existing version and will receive update to this new version in August/September. If you want to test this version, please uninstall and reinstall the client.
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products