23 Posts: 31 Explorer

I see the installer is still in place.

Comments

• vadim1705521
    vadim1705521 Posts: 4 New Member
    ... and even updated
  • vadim1705521

Help, the protection warning window does not open when you enter the site of the bank

• vadim1705521
    ... please help ... Windows 7 32
  • vadim1705521

... please help ... Windows 7 32

• UkkoOnVacation
    UkkoOnVacation Posts: 3 New Member

Hello,

I did not try F-Secure ULAV recently, but:

the protection warning window does not open when you enter the site of the bank

did you mean that when you visit Banking website -> there are not visible small prompt on the right-bottom side of screen with information that Banking Protection session is active (and further 'blocking' alerts about untrusted pages)?

Or something else?

Did you try to check different banking websites/browsers and doublecheck that such feature is enabled under F-Secure ULAV UI?

Thanks!

• vadim170552
    vadim170552 Posts: 35 Explorer
    Thanks for the support ... yes .. yes ... I do not see this window ...
  • vadim170552
    ... and therefore do not understand whether there is bank protection or not ...
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

@vadim170552 wrote:
    ... and therefore do not understand whether there is bank protection or not ...

Hello,

I will try to re-check it with my own experience (later) - but just as suggestion based on my previous experience:

-> when you open F-Secure ULAV UI (full-screen) - there should be 'search field'. Possible to type something like "Bank" (Banking or so) and UI will be filtered. If 'Banking Protection' option is not visible - maybe possible to switch 'type of visible content' to All.

How I remember - UI should be with entry about "Banking Protection" with small description and ability to switch on/off it.

// by the way - possible to check that Banking Protection session is active... just by visit some pages. Good to choose some random safe pages (unrelated to Banking/Payment and not so popular) and if page is loaded - maybe BP session is not active.

-> possible to doublecheck that https://nordea.no will not trigger Banking Protection session too.

With some of browsers (like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome). If still - not; maybe possible to double check that something like proxies/turbo-modes are not applied to network settings (by Browser or by something else).

Also, it is likely that such feature may be broken. So, good to create bug-report under beta-portal for F-Secure ULAV.

Thanks!

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

sorry folks but I do not understand wher the point is, please give me some info

• vadim170552
    Hello,
    I am very grateful for the advice ... I hope something will work ...
    I shall necessarily inform about result ...
    sunny weather you ...
  • vadim170552
    In the system, some basic configuration does not allow opening a warning window such as "Bank protection is active" when you go to the bank's website .... so I asked for help ... I received the first advice ... because I know you by correspondence in the site .. ..with gratitude I will accept advice ...
  • vadim170552

@yeoldfart wrote:

In the system, some basic configuration does not allow opening a warning window such as "Bank protection is active" when you go to the bank's website .... so I asked for help ... I received the first advice ... because I know you by correspondence in the site .. ..with gratitude I will accept advice ...

• Ukko

@yeoldfart wrote:

Hello,

Sounds that such feature:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Home-Security/ULAV-fresh-news-Banking/m-p/69907

is not working.

So, we try to troubleshoot more. But I still did not try with my own devices (maybe it is not a local trouble for only one user). Just like discussion.

Thanks!

• vadim170552

yes...yes

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

It's so by design, F-S does not flood you with plenty warnings about what it is doing which should be enough for us users, you'll be informed whenever something goes askew.

• vadim170552

So everything is just ... confusing only the comment in the description. "Upon activation, a flyer is displayed at the screen ..." ... then thank you and have a nice weekend ...

• vadim170552

Surrendered...switched to Bit

• Ukko

Hello,

Just as my own feedback:

I tried to install F-Secure ULAV. With my experience (Windows 10 64bit 1803) -> Banking Protection feature indeed is not working; Or there are some limitations for something.

I tried to open banking websites (five) with Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge and some Webkit-based browsers. Such steps were not a trigger for Banking Protection session (notification is not visible; connections are not blocked). Also, I'm not sure even if F-Secure ULAV already with abilities to catch and launch Banking Protection.

Thanks!

• vadim170552

Thanks...I thought I was the only one with a problem...wish...I liked the product, despite the original design....Man Very Happy

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

Hey,

Consider using a productized version of ULAV instead, that is FS Protection

• Ukko

@vadim170552 wrote:

Thanks...I thought I was the only one with a problem...wish...I liked the product, despite the original design....

Hello,

I received feedback that this functionality (Banking Protection feature) was removed/disabled from ULAV. And related option in UI will be removed too.

But as @nanonyme wrote -> maybe it is good to switch to FS Protection and it is good choice (for except potential tries as play around with multiple software like ULAV and third-party browsing protection modules or firewalls).

Thanks!

• vadim170552
    Bank protection is the cherry on the cake....
  • Ukko

<broken-reply>

• Ukko

@vadim170552 wrote:
    Bank protection is the cherry on the cake....

Yes. But FS Protection with 'Banking protection' too.

I'm not sure why such functionality is disabled under F-Secure ULAV (maybe it was not enough good or with some troubles after changes in banking protection design/network-side layer; and if so - it was like a 'fake' cherry).

23 Posts: 31 Explorer
    Banking protection is back! Very good news!
  • vadim170552

I would add...interesting...start all over again...

• vadim170552
This discussion has been closed.