No designed to run on windows

Get message F-Secure is not designed to run on windows 

Error status 0xc000012f

Any help?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Without any further information, the obvious question has to be, are you using an F-Secure product which is compatible with Windows?

• Renoir
    Renoir Posts: 5 Observer

Yes - there has been no change to F-Secure application. Scanned 2 weeks ago no issues. Have not use laptop since.

• Simon

Right, so this is an existing F-Secure installation, which previously worked OK, but now you're getting this error, yes?

Running a quick Google search shows that the error can occur not just with F-Secure, but with other programs, such as Office and Kaspersky, so this would suggest a possible Windows issue, rather than a problem with F-Secure itself.

Have you tried re-starting the laptop?

If that fails to fix the issue, then my only other suggestion would be to reinistall F-Secure, and hopefully that will work.

Otherwise, you can see if anyone posts anything more helpful on here, or Contact Support by Phone or Chat for further assistance.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solution).

Just an addition to previous suggestions and if official F-Secure Support Channel (for example, chat) is unavaialble.

Maybe it is good to know additional information (or screenshot). Just like:

Something.extension - Bad Image

C:\certain_path\certain_file.extension is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. 

If you got such kind of notification.

// but I think that suggested 'reinstallation' is potential fix for most of reasons in your situation.

Thanks!

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

Hey,

Out of curiosity, which Windows version are these problems with?

• Renoir

Windows 10 v1803

i have ran a disc clean up, tried unsuccessfully to uninstall the application and reinstall. Uninstall did not work either did trying to reinstall 

• Simon

So, my suggestion would be to run the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool which will completely remove the installation, then it should reinstall.  

Just a thought, but it might also be worth running a scan with something like http://www.malwarebytes.com, just in case any nasty is lurking and getting up to mischief.

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

Hey,

So is this F-Secure SAFE that you're getting the error with or some operator product?

• Renoir

Yes it is FSecure SAFE

• donnajohnso
    donnajohnso Posts: 1 New Member

I have'nt idea about this designed for running on windows ? But i've tried my best by the help of logo design services in dubai i've tried this platform for my web designing & logo designs.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info