F-Secure Total: Case closed without providing solutions

I was absent due to illness and was not able to reply sooner. My case was closed without providing a solution to my problem: I purchased TOTAL for 3 devices, but it works only on one after a while. Initially it worked on all 3, but since end of March only on one. I asked several times for help, only once there was a chat. The problem could not be solved yet. Anybody else having problems with the Customer Service? Is this company really recommandable?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I purchased TOTAL for 3 devices, but it works only on one after a while. Initially it worked on all 3, but since end of March only on one. I asked several times for help, only once there was a chat.

So, your current state is active TOTAL subscription for three devices and only one active device?

Based on your previous topic under Community - mobile devices like iPhone and iPad MAYBE with additional requirements for reinstallation and further activation of SAFE/Freedome with 'login'-option.

For example, there are some of topics about potential troubles with activation TOTAL under iOS:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/How-can-I-reactivate-Freedome-at/td-p/107491

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Where-can-I-find-Account-ID/td-p/107257

Or your experience is about something else? Why another two devices with trouble?

Anybody else having problems with the Customer Service?

I think that, time to time, it is common trouble. Did you mean Customer Service as official F-Secure Support Channels like Chat/Phone (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support). And, for example, inability to start chat? Or not enough good solution by Support Agent (or Support Ticket discussion)?

Is this company really recommandable?

I think "yes". But maybe with certain specific situation - some other companies (or their solutions) may be more interesting option for certain user.

If we talk about F-Secure TOTAL -> my opinion that it is a good solution/software/package.

Thanks!

• Robert56
    Robert56 Posts: 3 New Member

It worked when I purchased the licence for 3 devices. In March suddenly I only had access to one license. On the iPhone and on the iPad F-Secure TOTAL disappeared. I had to swith my license from one device to the other. 

The recommendation of the Customer Service did not work at all. And the case was closed too early. It is very very unsatisfying.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

What's the actual problem?  We may be able to offer some advice but will need more details on the issue. 

Will it not install? 

Will it not run after installation? 

Will it not update?  

Have you received any error messages?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the replies above.  

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    On the iPhone and on the iPad F-Secure TOTAL disappeared. I had to swith my license from one device to the other. 

Sounds strange. At least, if your words with meanings that 'three devices subscription' is changed to 'one device subscription'.

In general, F-Secure TOTAL is package of F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure FREEDOME. So, both solutions (SAFE and FREEDOME) should be or can be installed under device. At least, it was previously with such design. There should not be "F-Secure Total" application under device - but F-Secure SAFE and/or F-Secure Freedome with activation by logging into your My F-Secure Account (TOTAL subscription).

Does it possible to login with My F-Secure Portal (my.f-secure.com) and check information there? For example, licence-date/count of devices and maybe installed SAFE devices.

The recommendation of the Customer Service did not work at all. And the case was closed too early. It is very very unsatisfying.

With my experience - discussions from Customer Service (if switched to "mail"-discussion from chat) with abilities to re-ask if situation is not sorted.

Some general Knowledgebase articles about "Freedome as part of Total":

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-TOTAL/How-to-take-FREEDOME-into-use/ta-p/86321

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-TOTAL/I-already-have-FREEDOME/ta-p/99407

If during try to 'activate' Freedome (as part of Total subscription) there are some troubles -> good to create description what is certain stuck.

With SAFE (as part of Total) I think that there is also such design.

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Robert56,

Thank you for bringing this to us. I have highlighted your post to our internal team.

I have received an update from our support team that this is being investigated further. One of our support team member will be getting back to you via email with an update on this issue within the next 48 hours.

I am sorry to hear about your frustation; rest assured, we are here to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info