F-Secure and android device

Hello 

Last weekend I tested deeply the soft and I do not have such positive opinions on this subject. I noticed that when adding a device I need to determine if the device is mine or my child. If I choose a child, parental control is activated. In this case, I do not have any options to block unwanted calls. If, on the other hand, I find that this is my device, I have the option of blocking unwanted connections.

So a little weird assumption that the child has an Android device, but there is no SIM card in it.

How should I set parental control and call blocking? And either I do not have or I can not block sms.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Based on my small experience with F-Secure SAFE for Android; But I did not check it with recent builds; there is potential workaround like:

-> Install F-Secure SAFE for Android as your 'adult' profile.

Set up block for unwanted calls (in fact, it is not possible to set up against 'hidden numbers' ?! since it is potential system own feature) like certain numbers or so ("Call Blocker" feature).

-> Switch to 'kids' profile under existed installation and 'setting for Call Blocker' is saved.

With such state -> not possible to re-configure it (only by switch back to 'main profile').

If, on the other hand, I find that this is my device, I have the option of blocking unwanted connections. 

Blocking unwanted connections -> it is about Banking protection? Or something else?

And either I do not have or I can not block sms.

Maybe it is expected design. Or limitation of platform. If not -> maybe good to ask feature like 'allow SMS/calls only to list of trusted numbers'.

Thanks!

• AllenaDominus
    AllenaDominus Posts: 1 New Member

The software that comes with SAFE plan runs with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and newer. We have covered F-Secure android app as well as all major plans including Antivirus and Total. During testing, F-Secure android app ran smoothly without any issues. Our team has analyzed F-Secure products and published comprehensive review according to our findings. 

We believe F-Secure is notorious for achieving a balance between smart heuristics, behavioral analysis and cloud computing technology. You can easily manage parental controls, email filtering, firewalls, apps and scans. That is why we have regarded F-Secure Total is one of the best in the Industry and gave it the high rating compared to others  here https://www.criticthoughts.com/security/f-secure-total-review/

Though there is always the possibility that we have missed out any feature or added something outdated somewhere, so any suggestions will be highly welcome in this regard.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

software that comes with SAFE plan runs with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and newer.
    Our team has analyzed F-Secure products and published comprehensive review according to our findings.
    email filtering

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their Home solutions).

It is a little bit outdated information (at least for current day). Because current F-Secure SAFE (F-Secure Mobile Security, F-Secure TOTAL) with requirements for "Android 5.0 or later"; Discussion about: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-Total-installed-on/td-p/107304

And "email filtering" is dropped feature probably too.

Maybe possible to tweak overview (if it was not only promotion). 

Just like potential addition - current F-Secure security solution for Android platform with some more specific options and features (or forms of noted features).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info