Cannot install F-Secure Anti-Virus on Windows 7 ultimate, version 6.1.7600

Cannot install F-Secure Anti-Virus on Windows 7 ultimate, version 6.1.7600

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Bubul,

May I know what is the error message you see when you try to install?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Based on such topics:

F-Secure SAFE (as most of F-Secure Home security solutions) with requirements for Windows 7 Service Pack One. I'm not sure -> but, most likely, F-Secure AV is also about such limitation.

Based on my research: ""6.1.7600"" is about Windows 7; while ""6.1.7601"" is about Windows 7 with installed SP1.

Sounds that maybe your installation with not installed Service Pack 1. OR installation is broken.

Resource about SP1 description:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1

Thanks!

• Bubul
    Bubul Posts: 5 New Member

The error message is "Your current version of Window is not supported. Check the system requirements for supported operating systems and required service packs."

I am not able to install Service Pack 1 also.

• Bubul

The error message is "Your current version of Window is not supported. Check the system requirements for supported operating systems and required service packs

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@Bubul wrote:

The error message is "Your current version of Window is not supported. Check the system requirements for supported operating systems and required service packs."

I am not able to install Service Pack 1 also.

Hey,

Then the problem is really obvious. Windows 7 without service pack 1 cannot be used to install F-Secure protection systems. Even if you managed to trick the system, end result would most likely be system crashes as you're missing core system components. Consider reinstalling Windows to see if service pack 1 installs after that

• Bubul

Install after formating the c drive. Thanks

• Bubul

after frmating the c drive, F-Secure Anti-Virus on Windows 7 installed

• bencuttings
    bencuttings Posts: 1 New Member

F‑Secure Anti‑Virus provides protection against viruses, spyware, infected e-mail attachments, and other malware which is used to protect our system from virus attacks. It is very easy to install. If you are using Windows 7 and getting any problem then visit here Windows Technical Support to remove that error.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info