Afraid to use Freedom, because looses connection without notice

mynameismattii
mynameismattii Posts: 4 New Member

Hey,

this problem has been buging me for few months now, but have not had time to reply here. My freedom occasionally disconnects but leaves the key icon on the top, and that means I loose all internet connection and I dont know. I only notice it when I try to use my phone and it does not connect to anything. The only fix I have for this is that I need to restart the whole phone because when I turn on the App and try the on/off button, it doesnt do anything. Now i'm too afraid to use the app because if it bugs again, I dont know if anyone can contact me. Any advices or assistance?

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Andoird: 8.0.0

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mynameismattii,

We have a KB article here regarding this issue. Please try the steps mentioned here.

• mynameismattii

Hey, the guide you provided is for Emui 3.x or 4.0. but for me I have Emui 8.0 and I do not know where Protected Apps would be. So any more help?

• Laksh

Hi mynameismattii,

Here is a short reply from our Freedome team:

There is a bug in the Huawei Mate 10 Pro phone firmware itself which causes severe problems with VPN apps. Huawei has released a firmware upgrade to solve this issue; please download and install it. After that FREEDOME should work normally.

• mynameismattii

Hey,

I have now updated my Mate 10 Pro to the newest versionBLA-L29 9.0.0.137(C432) , but it still disconnects. I connected my phone to Freedome and then after 5 hours or so, I went off line. I noticed that no emails, whatsapp messages, nothing was going through except browsing on my Chrome App, and the Freedome was offline. Then I pressed to turn it on, and it just said connecting for a long time. i had to restart my phone to get my connection back.

So yeah, not working even when I updated my EMUI.

• Laksh

Hi mynameismattii,

Kindly get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here in order to investigate this issue further. We would need the logs from the device for further troubleshooting.

• mynameismattii

okay, i'll do that. thank you for the help and guidance.

• 2Jeremy
    2Jeremy Posts: 1 New Member

Happens to me too. Im using 2.5.0.7427 on G5 phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info