Yle Areena not working

mran
mran Posts: 7 New Member

Hi

I can not use Yle Areena from Thailand even if Freedome is ON, connected to Espoo.

If disconnected, shows the normal note of program not available outside of Finland.

When on, used ot work OK. But now get notification saying  "KS where KS required. We are sorry access to this content is restricted"

What is this about? How to get around it?

Using Mac, same behavior with Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mran,

Finnish YLE seems to be blocking access from Freedome IP addresses.

• mran

Would expect to get some statement from f-secure about this as my primary reason for buying the service is to access Finland TV. If f-secure do not plan to find solution to this, the service has no real value. I assume u understand that. 

Oddly enough freedome seems to enable Access if use Areena app in Android phone. I would assume f-secure uses same ip address space for both Mac and Android users(?) so thus I would guess there is more to that than simply ip address block. I really hope you would take this seriously and confirm what the issue is, and what u plan to do about it if anything. 

Or could you route Mac users who connect to Espoo through same ip with Android users?

• mran

Would expect to get some statement from f-secure about this as my primary reason for buying the service is to access Finland TV. If f-secure do not plan to find solution to this, the service has no real value. I assume u understand that. 

Oddly enough freedome seems to enable Access if use Areena app in Android phone. I would assume f-secure uses same ip address space for both Mac and Android users(?) so thus I would guess there is more to that than simply ip address block. I really hope you would take this seriously and confirm what the issue is, and what u plan to do about it if anything. 

Or could you route Mac users who connect to Espoo through same ip with Android users?

• mran

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info