Blocked website

I am having some issues as my child cannot access a website for school. It is allowed in the settings but we get this error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.showmyhomework.co.uk. Peer received a valid certificate, but access was denied. Error code: SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT

I can access the site with my profile but not my son's

Please can you help me? I am not technical so I would be grateful for easy instructions

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I do able to suggest to allow such string under settings:

showmyhomework.co.uk

Also, did you mean that it is allowed with settings of kid's profile (account)?

Also does it Windows account?

With my own experience - such URL is rated as social media. If such category is restricted for certain profile - most likely - exclude URL is only possible with Windows device (or maybe Mac) under system account where applied this profile.

Do you able to re-check what is allowed in the settings (which URL) and does it allowed with account (where opening such page with "secure connection trouble" output).

Sorry for my worst explanation. Good if you will back with result of suggestion; Or with another feedback.

Thanks!

• NadiaPH
    NadiaPH Posts: 12 Observer

Hi

Yes the website is in the "allowed" web sites on my child profile

We had similar issues on a different computer last year as the website was rated as unknown but then Fsecure fixed this issue after communicating with the company directly and acknowleding it as safe.

• Ukko

Hello,

So, with my own experience: when your noted URL is allowed under settings (for avoid 'blocking' as social-media content) -> it will redirect to next URL:

https://www.teamsatchel.com

which is 'Unrated/Uncategorized/Unknown'-category under F-Secure Security Cloud.

Does it also valid website and known service (or part of your noted website)? If yes - maybe it is an option to allow this URL under settings (but also it is good to avoid "www." during adding URL to allowed websites). For example, to exclude/allow next URLs under settings:

showmyhomework.co.uk
    teamsatchel.com

Thanks!

• NadiaPH

You are right. This is exactly the problem we had before and the company support dealt with Fsecure directly. The situation was corrected and working on previous computer. No idea why its happening again 😑

• Ukko

@NadiaPHwrote:

You are right. This is exactly the problem we had before and the company support dealt with Fsecure directly. The situation was corrected and working on previous computer. No idea why its happening again 😑

Hello,

If it was another domain/website/URL -- its happening because another URL also with such category/rating/reputation (unrate'uncategorized'unknown) and such category is chosen with F-Secure Content Blocker (Parental Control). If it was this website and situation is back -- maybe some internal changes with one of sides (website or F-Secure).

So, does it was useful to exclude these URLs (noted examples) for normal use it with current your experience? Or even if both URLs are 'allowed' - anyway visible any troubles?

With such situations, usually, possible to use F-Secure SAS:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url

Like informing F-Secure Labs about. And with certain situation - F-Secure do able to re-rate page (as it was with your example - from 'unknown' to 'safe'). As temporary suggestion: possible to exclude/allow these URLs locally with certain user-account. It should work probably.

Thanks!

• NadiaPH

Hi

Looks like Fsecure rated this page as social network so they need to correct

Thank you

Nadia

• Ukko

Hello,

Just as my own feedback:

Looks like that both pages are categorized/rated currently. Does your experience is about good state already?

Or there is still some troubles?

I discussed with F-Secure Labs only about second URL ('unrated'/'uncategorized'/'unknown') and it start be rated as safe-page (and not as 'social media' probably). While first URL is not rated as social media with my experience currently.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info