unable to download bit torrent when f secure is on

willows
willows Posts: 3 New Member

Hi folks

I am trying to download using bittorrent with f secure swithed on and location is london, i have been waiting for over 2 hrs and no download, switch off f secure  and it downloads no probs, i had to do this yesterday and recieved strike 2 from my isp.

can anyone tell me what is going on and what i need to do to sort this out

many thanks

steve

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'm not sure how well you know the F-Secure UI, but have you checked in the Application Control list (I'm using the Beta, it may be called something different in the retail version) to see if the BitTorrent client has been blocked?

FWIW, I use qBittorrent with FS, and I don't have any issues. 

• willows

Thank you for the replyi am unable to complete your advice as it shows me having an expired trial version and only wants me to buy another ! not what you want when i all ready have one, oh well it was purchased to allow me to download etc and now unable to do this as a strike 3 would be no internet for me

regards

steve 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi willows,

Since you mentioned you're using the London location, please check this article regarding Freedome and Bit Torrent.

• willows

Have used all your locations and its still no good, had you advertised that it was limited for torrent use i and i am sure others would not have touched it

• AnonyBungler
    AnonyBungler Posts: 6 New Member

I notice that this issue affects connecting to peers. If you connect to peers outside of freedome, then enable the VPN afterwards, it'll work.

I'm using the Toronto server.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info