F- secure Safe dissapeared, Internet not loading pages.

I got a new Asus laptop with Windows 10 on it and F secure Safe was also given with it. I installed it before browsing anything else, besides gmail where i had to confirm the account sign up. Installed and signed up through default Internet Explorer browser. First time i didn't succeed with installing, F-secure page didnt load. Second time didnt get it, the installation didnt start running/loading. After turning on computer 3rd time I finally got it. Installed, got it to my laptop, scanned- all fine. I did some browsing but not much, no troubles. Switched the computer off and now after logging in the F-secure has dissapeared, installation files are still in computer. Chrome and Explorer both not working as they should. Few pages can be opened as Youtube and hotmail, but cant log in. Google search lets me search but if i try to open a page it asks to retry and just wont open as there was no connection. Same still happens when firewall is taken down. I did not change any settings after installation. Im using the phone to google answers. Many think it is virus. How did it get to my computer and why is F- secure not working or where did it dissapear first place?

Comments

• mia058
    mia058 Posts: 4 New Member
    Forgot to add: after successful installation i also installed Chrome and was browsing from there. Computer also shows the connection andI cand do even updates: " device out of date and missing security". Updates dont start, shows no connection. F-secure installation wont start again either.
  • nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@Simonwrote:
    Your symptoms suggest that F-Secure was not installed properly in the first place. Have you tried reinstalling it from your Safe portal? Also, you will need to ensure that there is no other security software, such as Windows Defender, active on the device.

If Windows Defender is indeed active, that's most likely a sympton of F-Secure product malfunctioning. Windows Defender normally disables itself when machine has another properly functioning antivirus software

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Another suggestion (than discussion) is that Windows 10 received some updates.

Or, for example, large upgrade from build-to-build.

But if so -> it should be visible delays between restarts system (and shutdown/turn on) and with own Windows notifications about state.

It will be an explanations for some troubles with using Internet Explorer (for example) and first experience with tries to install F-Secure SAFE. Then it may be potential explanation for broken F-Secure installation (even should not be - but just as potential situation).

But it is unclear:

F-secure has dissapeared, installation files are still in computer

F-Secure is not launched, tray-picture is not visible and so on? Or how it visible about ""disappeared""-state?

For example, some internal troubles with opening pages may be based on F-Secure filtering some of pages. If there is HTTPS and F-Secure Browsing Protection Extension is not installed/activated -> ""there was no connection""-explanation is not expected (but maybe there was another wording than 'no connection' but with related view only?).

Otherwise indeed sounds as something suspicious or malicious (just because result of harmful activities under system with unexpected result and view) -- but maybe some internal network troubles (or configurations).

Forgot to add: after successful installation i also installed Chrome and was browsing from there. Computer also shows the connection andI cand do even updates: " device out of date and missing security". Updates dont start, shows no connection. F-secure installation wont start again either. 

Sounds strange a little be.

But for example, where is visible """device out of date and missing security"""? Does it Windows Updates notification (or system notification)? If so... maybe good to re-check potential reasons like:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/error-message-your-device-is-at-risk-because-its/39c78a25-e9b8-48da-80db-803ab7be7fea

And F-Secure Installation wont start ?! Does it with any output as notification/prompt? Or launch executable (installer) does not trigger anything? If so -> maybe it is also partly related with broken system configuration about some parts. Maybe if your experience is about 'stuck' still -> good to re-ask community users for some more advices and with more information about situation.

Or to contact direct support channels (Microsoft of F-Secure) for certified advice.

Thanks!

• mia058
    mia058 Posts: 4 New Member

Thanks, everybody. Removing Windows Defender fixed the problem, installed F-secure again and all working fine now. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info