FS Protection PC Release 209

Tuula_fs
Tuula_fs Posts: 52 Former F-Secure Employee

New features:

New ransomware protection feature has been turned on. Please report if you have issues with any of your applications.

Fixed issues:

Antivirus:

• Computer Security - Excessive scanning time (UFO-2126)
  • Funny scan report and events list with Unicode bidirectional control characters in file names (SAFE_BUG-02160, CTS-100431)
  • Registration with Windows Security Center failed (CTS-100469)

Browsing Protection:

• Banking Protection blocking known banking site in Internet Explorer (CTS-100427)
  • Online Safety widget crash (CTS-100458)
  • Block page has an old elevation icon (CTS-100193)

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

On my Windows 7 machine, the update installed without a reboot request, but when I go to Settings >  Ransomware Protection, and click Protected folders, I get the screen(s) below:

Untitled-3.png

Clicking OK results in both of those screens disappearing, so it is not actually possible to access any of the tabs.  I haven't rebooted yet, as I'm in the middle of other stuff, but will report back when I've done so.

On my Windows 10 machine, I was prompted for a reboot after the upgrade, but I didn't actually check it afterwards.  Again, will report back when I've done so.

• Simon

It's still the same after a reboot - bug report submitted.  Smiley Happy

• Urmas
    Urmas Posts: 64 F-Secure Employee

Hello,

We are working on fixing this, but as a quick workaround, you can delete (or rename) spapi32.dll in the program files "fs protection\apps\ComputerSecurity\Anti-Virus" folder. This problem occurs only in computers that have this file present from old beta releases.

BR, Urmas

• Simon
    Thanks, I'll try that later.
  • rockstarrocks
    rockstarrocks Posts: 6 Observer

Anyone else having issues with update downloads. I am getting about 0.1-0.3 mbps (bits) while downloading the updates after fresh installation of fs protection.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

wrote:

Anyone else having issues with update downloads. I am getting about 0.1-0.3 mbps (bits) while downloading the updates after fresh installation of fs protection.

Hello,

Sorry for my feedback.

Did you mean F-Secure own updates like Aquarius (?!). If yes -> I'm not sure what was the speed of downloading before and currently (I did not check it) - but it was always too small speed compared to potential speed (which are also small).

BUT -> I also did notice MAYBE that some of my recent fresh installations (maybe not only with TP209) was with much more time for downloading/installing Aquarius. While other part of installation looks more speedy. I thought about some other overload during my tries.

But maybe your experience about something else? So, sorry for my feedback!

• rockstarrocks

Yes, I meant the aquarious update, downloading it took a while almost a hour & half.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

wrote:

Yes, I meant the aquarious update, downloading it took a while almost a hour & half.

So, maybe I noticed such situation too (one-time) previously. But I tried to re-check where it was -> and maybe there already another clean installations (or was all OK) and logs are cleared.

I also tried to perform clean installation with certain network and some device. The result is next:

-> Installation takes ten minutes (after start network installer). maybe one/two minutes more.

-> Aquarius is downloaded with expected time (to me). And installed too.

Network speed usage was 5.7Mbps in general (with temporary switch-tries from 3.1Mbps to 11Mbps).

At background  there was some other temporary network connections (with related bandwidth).

Network speed of this device was 50Mbps (or around this).

I think that your situation is OK for report to beta-portal. Additionally, I'm not sure about potential impact like "downloading Aquarius is canceled during process" (does it re-download all of Aquarius databases from first; or there is cache? With my local tries -> it was kind of 'cache'-meanings - but unclear how it works); "another things like Windows Update or potential network usage" (probably I did notice such situation -> when system was with tries to update Windows also). Or even any other reasons - because, partly, I thought about such concern recently too (potential situation that Aquarius-databases is downloading pretty long than expected) - but.. not today.

SORRY for my feedback! Smiley Sad

Thanks!

• rockstarrocks

Thanks for replying. It was a clean install, and no other program was utilizing the bandwidth I checked with both resource monitor and task manager. I have already submitted a bug report for this (& got a reply that it was forwarded to concerned persons).

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

no such glitch on 3 different rigs

This discussion has been closed.