I can not open exe file on my PC

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe good to know:

--> does it any of executable files?

--> or it is about certain F-Secure files?-

->> Or did you mean that F-Secure do block certain exe file?

->> good to know OS-build/platform.

With any of concerns - does system triggered any words or information about troubles with launch executable file?

Thanks!

• tom_tom
    tom_tom Posts: 6 New Member

hi,

I don`t have any information. When I double click on file nothing is happening

• tom_tom

I have windows vista

• Ukko

Hello,

Sorry for my ask.

But does it any of files? Or certain file only?

Does it possible to check with another executable file; or, for example, with F-Secure KEY .msi-installer:

https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi

does it possible to launch?

Sounds that maybe some troubles based on system configuration. But good to know a little be more information before suggestion. At least, does it doubleclick for certain file only or with any.

Maybe it should be "run as administrator" for this file.

// also, possible to re-check points like rightclick for .exe-file and choose Properties.

then try to see if there any strings like "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" and abilities to allow it (if it is expected that file is OK).

Thanks!

• tom_tom

hi,

I couldn`t open this one is well  https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi

i`ve turned off uBlock origin on my pc. there is no option to run as administrator

• Ukko

Hello,

I also edited my previous reply with such suggestion:

// also, possible to re-check points like rightclick for .exe-file and choose Properties.

then try to see if there any strings like "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" and abilities to allow it (if it is expected that file is OK).

Maybe run as administrator should be visible under context-menu (rightlick) too.

Do you able to check point with potential block?

Thanks!

• tom_tom

the messege i`ve recived:

,,your current version of Windows is not supported. Check the system requirements for supported operating systems and required service packs ,,

• Ukko

@tom_tom wrote:

the messege i`ve recived:

,,your current version of Windows is not supported. Check the system requirements for supported operating systems and required service packs ,,

so, such response sounds as file is runned. But installer will explain that ?! it is not supported OS.

if it was about F-Secure KEY (f-secure_key_win.msi) - maybe it is expected (brief check with KEY requirements - Windows 7 or later).

Does such result with your original file too? if yes -> maybe possible to re-check system requirements of tried software (maybe it is possible to update Vista; for example, if requirements about SP2 - but your experience about SP1).

// by the way - if you tried to install F-Secure SAFE or IS (launch its network installer) -> Windows Vista indeed is not supported platform.

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/End-of-Windows-Vista-support-for/ta-p/92278

Thanks!

• tom_tom

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info