I’m just texting. What is the 213mb of traffic protected mean?

Blue1
Blue1 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question. I’m completely new to this. I don’t have safari running. I’m just texting. Downloaded this after a security site said to if one was concerned they may have spyware. So I have just been texting and sending photos. My “Traffic Protected” is at 213mb. I can watch it go up with every text I send. Is this normal, what the app is supposed to do? Thanks for helping a newbie! 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello blue1, 

Could you tell us a bit more what kind of Operating system your phone is using?
    Do you send the pictures via MMS or via emails?

• Blue1

Hello Ben, Thank you for your reply and forgive me if this posts twice- I really am a newbie to VPNs and forums. I’m using an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.2.1. I use iMessage to send texts. I do surf the web a bit- maybe an hour or so a day. I send and receive three to four emails a day, tops.  No photos sent through email. I primarily use my phone to take photos and to text. On Freedome, the Traffic Protected, is now at 16.02 GB. Thank you again for your help. I greatly appreciate it. 

• Blue1

Hi Ben. Me again. Wanted to fix a mistake in my post. Meant to say I surf the web a bit and talk on the phone/or FaceTime for an hour or so a day. Sorry for this extra post. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Blue1, 

All you mentioned is going through Freedome and is therefore considered protected traffic. 

The values are therefore not out of the ordinary.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info