F-Secure Mobile - How to remove notification icon

Hi, 

I installed Fsecure mobile on my cellphone but it alwais show the Fsecure icon on my notfication bar on the top of the screen. ( Not on the right were i have batteries and other, on the left with the notifications )

How to remove this icon ? 

Comments

• Boulard83
    Boulard83 Posts: 4 New Member

As for now, the only way i found to remove the icon is to deactivate the AV wich is a little stupid. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

If your experience about Android-platform (?!)...

-> maybe possible to try choose this notification (as tap it or something like this). And then to disable notifications under settings.

For example, something with such view is discussed there:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Re-quot-New-Features-quot/m-p/99675

with potential advices and tips.

Do you able to add more information about situation?

For example, OS/platform ; what notification says....

Thanks!

• Boulard83

It's pretty much the same thing as the thread you pointed. 

The F-secure logo will stay on the top left of the screen if the AV is ON. Disabling the notification from this app ( on android ) resolve the issue but then i think the APP wont notifie me when it needs to. 

I have a Pixel 1, latest OS since its a bone stock Android phone. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Boulard83 wrote:

It's pretty much the same thing as the thread you pointed. 

The F-secure logo will stay on the top left of the screen if the AV is ON. Disabling the notification from this app ( on android ) resolve the issue but then i think the APP wont notifie me when it needs to. 

I have a Pixel 1, latest OS since its a bone stock Android phone. 

Probably... yes... it will break any other notifications (but I'm not sure all of them or only specific).

So, good to know:

-  with your experience:  'pinned' notification when F-Secure is ON -> about that it's running (?!) only. Or any other words/explanations?

I'm not friendly with Android-platform (and, also, just as clarification: I'm only F-Secure user and not an official F-Secure staff); But does it possible to search something about system's design with such notifications (if it comes from system directly)? Maybe any other options/tweaks are available with certain build of OS.

Good if there will be attention from F-Secure or from other more experienced users.

Thanks!

• Boulard83

I've pretty much searched every panel of the app and nowhere i find anything related to this notification being alwais ON when the AV is ON. 

Since i want an AV i dont want to turn it OFF so i just disabled the notification from Fsecure app.

Its a walkaround but not a fix. 

• ErrorHazard
    ErrorHazard Posts: 9 Observer
    Hi there. I have several devices, however all but 1 (Motorola Droid), are samsung, (should have Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Unlocked tonarrow or Monday I hope). ... On my Note 5, (Marshmallow) 6.0, There are additional notification options which if enabled, does keep an icon, (sometimes mors), on screen. It can be disabled go take the icon away, while still allowing the application to display notifications in the taskbar/notification bar.

Device Settings»Application Manager»"select app”
    "Application"»Permissions»
    In permissions, select "more"
    Select, "Screen Overlay"
    ↑If overlay is not found, (in other versions of android) then select , "Draw over other apps"
    select Disable.

This should stop the annoying floating icon while allowing app go make notifications.

If above does not work or is not possible, are you using the stock Launcher or have you installed a custom launcher?
    If yes, then that may very well be where the source problem is tied.
    if no, then have you considered or tried any custom launchers? Most custom launchers have more options then the stock one and offer flexibility in these cases. If your interested, let me know, I have a lot of experiance with an array of launchers and their code, from vender brands to developer apps, and more. Smiley Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info