Cloudflare Captchas suddenly?

Nyborjare
Nyborjare Posts: 1 New Member

Starting yesterday, I have started getting captchas for most of the sites I visit (e.g. www.aftonbladet.se, www.gp.se(. I have used both Swedish and Finnish exits, on Windows, OS X and iOS.

What can I do to avoid the captchas? Has anything changed recently regarding the exits, since I never used to receive captchas before on any site?

Thanks.

Comments

• SilverGhost
    SilverGhost Posts: 3 New Member

I'm getting the same issues with Captchas on a lot of websites suddenly today. That and some sites don't load properly (i.e. they have no formatting and no backgrounds that they should have - text and images load but are all left justified and jumbled up) unless I turn the VPN off and reload the page. That kinda defeats the purpose of a VPN.

• Juha731
    Juha731 Posts: 3 New Member

Hey, I got same problem. Not all pages but some pages need to do "Attention required ! Cloudflare... One more step. Please complete the security check to access...page address here...Im not robot check". I think it has something to do with Google Cloudflare and they must blacklisted F-secure Freedome servers?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Starting on December 19th, all Cloudflare hosted sites have started to require one or two CAPTCHA checks from anyone using F-Secure FREEDOME, regardless the virtual location used.

Currently the root cause for these checks remains unknown, but this behavior is initiated from Cloudflare side, not from F-Secure. It may be that this is only because of the large number of users using Cloudflare hosted sites from F-Secure FREEDOME locations worldwide.

F-Secure has already contacted Cloudflare and is working with them towards solving the issue as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can access the Cloudflare sites by completing the CAPTCHA checks presented.

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 1 New Member

I have the same issue. Also since yesterday

• Snakeee554
    Snakeee554 Posts: 5 Observer

Please fix this issue ASAP.

Websites that use APIs to get info from another site does not work at all now.

Example https://coinmarketcap.com/  market data api is not working with VPN enabled.

• Moby
    Moby Posts: 7 New Member

@Snakeee554 wrote:

Please fix this issue ASAP.

Websites that use APIs to get info from another site does not work at all now.

Example https://coinmarketcap.com/  market data api is not working with VPN enabled.

Their app also doesn’t work with Freedome enabled. 

And as of yesterday the Medium app refuses to load content when Freedome is enabled. 

• Moby

Wow, all CloudFlare related issues seem to have been fixed!!

• Moby

I take it back. It still intermittently fails. Coincap website and mobile app no longer refreshing data if Freedome VPN is on

• [Deleted User]

The problem should now be resolved.

@Moby We did not manage to reproduce your coincap issue. Are you still affected ?

If yes on which location?

• Moby

Hi Ben,

the problem was resolved yesterday and all was working fine.

However right now the coin market web site yields an error and the app (on both Android and iOS) also can’t get any data unless I turn off Freedome.

• Moby

One more thing Ben, I tried both East Coast and West Coast and the issue persists unless I turn off VPN

• Moby
    ...and now coincap is working again on both iOS and Android. This issue is now highly intermittent.
  • [Deleted User]

We are aware of still some problems on US locations and contacted Cloudflare about those. 

For the coincap, trying to restart the application and clear cache might do the trick. 

• SilverGhost

Many thanks for the quick fix!

Everything is loading as it should again at my end.

• Moby

@SilverGhost wrote:

Many thanks for the quick fix!

Everything is loading as it should again at my end.

Sorry but for me the issue is still ongoing though intermittent. 

For example I’m now seen ng the CloudFlare “I’m not a robot” page again. 

Will probably be happening for a while until it’s finally fixed. 

• SilverGhost

Hi Moby,

Yes, I saw that you're still having issues. I hope that they can locate the issue and fix it promptly for you. Fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info