FSMS: (1) Crashed when opening Application Privacy; (2) Boot scan by default

Hi there, Does anyone experience this problem on Platform: Sony XZs mobile? 1, Clicked on the Application Privacy in FSMS 2, Select "View application" 3, Click on the taps and application quit with Android send report messages Also, FSMS boot scans while system starts (no matter a clear shut down or restart), even though you have checked / not checked at the scan section, this issues was discovered since Android 4.x and continues till 8.x. How can I solved the problems above? Many thanks! Cheers, yeungmic

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply,

Recently was trouble situation with beta/technology preview of F-Secure SAFE/FSMS (but maybe with not so visible steps to get it):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Home-Security/FS-Protection-for-Android/td-p/102057

I able to think that Android-application about 'common' design can be with 'one-view' between technology-preview/stable SAFE and F-Secure Mobile Security. Maybe possible to check -> if your experience about latest build of FSMS?

And not sure about second point -> maybe other experienced Android-users able to suggest something. Or official F-Secure staff will do it.

Thanks!

• yeungmic01
    yeungmic01 Posts: 8 Observer
    Thanks Ukko, yes, I am using the latest FSMS available at Android platform, but I did not aware this problem until yesterday, not sure if I can find some logs for the folks at Fsecure to investigate. For the boot scanning issue, I have tried on several Sony phones, and it continues till XZs, that's why I wonder if it is due to android's architecutre or ??? It's a bit annoying, honestly.
  • Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    No problem with Samsung smartphone.
    Everything is ok.

Näsäviisas
  • Ukko

Hello,

Just as my own feedback (addition to previous replies).

I tried today with clean installation of F-Secure SAFE beta (technology preview).

And with random Android-device (4.2.2 probably) -> if 'scan at load' is unchecked -> not visible that F-Secure do any scans at load.

If such option is checked -> F-Secure with notification about scanning. Even it will be with disabled network connection (while current state of their solution is that not possible to scan-on-demand with disabled network).

Thanks!

• Ukko

Ukko wrote:

Hello,

Just as my own feedback (addition to previous replies).

I tried today with clean installation of F-Secure SAFE beta (technology preview).

And with random Android-device (4.2.2 probably) -> if 'scan at load' is unchecked -> not visible that F-Secure do any scans at load.

If such option is checked -> F-Secure with notification about scanning. Even it will be with disabled network connection (while current state of their solution is that not possible to scan-on-demand with disabled network).

Thanks!

But maybe not. Today I tried to shutdown device -> add SIM-card -> turn on device.

As result -> F-Secure did scan at load (?! with previous settings).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info