iOS 11.1 + iPhone 8 + Some country endpoints

Layoric
Layoric Posts: 3 Observer

I got a new iPhone 8 running iOS 11.1 and I am unable to connect to _some_ of the countries. 

For example, US West + Australia won't connect via WiFi or 4G. Tried downgrading to IKEv1 and still no luck.

Strangely however, US East + Berlin and possibly others seem to connect fine.

Also, Australia + US West connect fine on an iPad Pro running the same iOS version, seems to be just effecting the iPhone.

Anyone had similar experience?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Layoric,

Is the Freedome app installed on your iPhone the latest version?

Are you still having this issue with connection? May I know what is the error message you see when you connect to those locations?

• Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    @Layoric

Hi

Could you compare settings in these devices: iPhone 8 and iPad.
    Freedomes settings and other connection settings too.
    It came into my mind, that do you really need all locations, all over the world? 🌍
    Or are you testing connections.
    ↔↗↘➡⬆↘🔚

Näsäviisas

• Layoric
    Layoric Posts: 3 Observer

After some more troubleshooting it seems to be related to my wifi, if I reboot my router, Australia started working again for a time but then stopped after less than a day.

I’d prefer to have Australia endpoint as it’s where I am based. Using other countries as work around but latency to Australian sites is quite high routing via the US.. 

iPad Pro still unaffected so still not sure of the reason.

• Laksh

Hi Layoric,

Kindly contact our support team via phone or chat in order to investigate this further. You can reach them as mentioned here.

We might need the logs from the device along with the Router model + firmware version.

Are you still able to reproduce this issue on 4G as well?

• Laksh

You're welcome and glad to know, Layoric! Appreciate the update very much and I will pass your feedback to our team.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info