How to add additional sites to banking protection

I want protection for  additional sites. Is this possible? Kaspersky allows sites to be added.

Chris R

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible to add sites manually.  If it is a banking site, then the Banking Protection should detect the site automatically.  If it's not a banking site, then it doesn't really come under banking protection anyway.

If you use a banking site which doesn't trigger the Banking Protection, then I think you can report this to the Labs, and they will add it.

Submit Sample

• ChrisR2
    ChrisR2 Posts: 2 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I want to add online shopping sites as some of them have my financial details already registered so anyone getting access to my password would be able to order stuff. Kaspersky security allows one to add sites to their banking protection.

ChrisR

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I don't think you'll find FS will work like that.  You have Browsing Protection which obviously protects against fraudulent or otherwise malicious websites, in addition to your default browser security, but Banking Protection is just for banking.  

If you want some additional password protection, then maybe you could take a look at F-Secure Key?

https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/key#download

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@ChrisR2 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I want to add online shopping sites as some of them have my financial details already registered so anyone getting access to my password would be able to order stuff. Kaspersky security allows one to add sites to their banking protection.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions) and not an official F-Secure Staff. So, only NOT official suggestions/feelings.

It can be useful to know how works 'banking protection' with your noted security solution. Because maybe it with different design about F-Secure Banking Protection technology/design/feature/layer.

F-Secure Banking Protection can be with some meanings:

--> Connection control.

--> Validation of 'banking' websites (kind of 'protection' against phishing).

--> Works with system/browser's meanings.

Basically -> all of this can be with exceptions and limitations (like possible to break such security layer), but mainly as it was noted: F-Secure do trigger BP-flyer when you're under HTTPS 'known/trusted' banking/payment website (or should do it with such step). So --> with common design --> you're sure that there is not a phishing page or fake bank (which possible to bypass probably).

But... even if it bypassed: Connection control meanings will create kind of main protection/layer. When Banking Protection is active: F-Secure do close network connection to 'not safe' websites for banking (strange categorization of such pages - based on what it can be allowed or denied). And some of system's connections (applications network communication). As result -> some malicious files do not able to transfer 'data' to remote servers (on-the-fly/real-time). And some web-based threats are prevented too.

With meanings that F-Secure also will provide all other security features... Banking Protection is good addition. Since -> malware should be detected before it start be under system (by other layers).

Such design of Banking Protection feature will create potential workaround as open tab with 'trusted' Bank-website --> BP is triggered --> do use any other websites (if blocked - to allow it) with active Banking Protection (valid for full system/browsers). Not really 'designed', but if steps with F-Secure SAS as classification certain URL as "should trigger Banking Protection session" is not work -> maybe possible to use it.

But with any of meanings -- such feature do not help with potential leak/hack certain website (if data start be available directly). Good to use websites... which can be more 'trusted' for you (and with tries to prevent such breaks).

So, maybe F-Secure Banking Protection do not cover some of features from your noted example. If so, maybe possible to place feedback and what if F-Secure Team able to think about it (or maybe already possible with another steps).

Thanks!  

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info