Internet security has a serious scanning\detection issue

Dear All,

Internet security is unable to clean my Infected pen Drive which has a common shortcut virus.it's only blocking the virus but i'm unable to delete it from the pen drive.

when i do a scan,it says could not clean up(screenshot attached)

when i click on the folder and do a scan it says nothing hamful has been found but when i click on the file and do a scan it's detecting the file as a virus but it's not deleting the file(screenshot attached)

i think internet security engine has a

serious issue of detecting/deleting files.Please release a patch asap since i'm getting lot of complains from users.

Thank you

Capture6.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNG

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi asanka,

Based on your post, it might need the labs intervention in order to analyse the samples in the pendrive. The labs suspect that the pendrive could be protected in a way that the files cannot be deleted easily.

In order to investigate further on this issue, kindly contact our labs here.

• asanka
    asanka Posts: 24 Explorer

Dear laksh,

I've already submitted the samples and reports.btw pen drive is not a protected one.all other virus guards clean affected pen drives completely but f-secure doesn't do that job well.this issue has been dragging on for far too long.sometime f-secure only blocks the virus, sometimes we have to scan the drive several times to get rid of it.by default,f-secure only scans known files.this virus contains unknown files as well.end user doesn't know about these settings and it's better, if f-secure scans both known and unknown files by default.f-secure has to do something since this is a very common and irritating virus.

Thanks

• asanka
    asanka Posts: 24 Explorer

Dear Laksh,

Please see attached

thanks

Capture3.PNGCapture5.PNG

Capture8.PNG

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for the additional information, asanka.

I have highlighted your post and the recent reply in the labs ticket. Kindly followup with the labs ticket for more information regarding your query.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info