Freedome connects twice when coming from Sleep

Options
Lord_Ami
Lord_Ami Posts: 70 Active Engager

So I have desktop PC which I at times put to sleep. W8.1 x64, with USB Wifi adapter.

When returning from Sleep, I see Freedome making connection to VPN server which is fine. It connects and I can use Internet.

However, after some time (minutes) it disconnects and makes new connection (automatically). I've seen it far too often (on laptop as well). Why this happens and can I send you some logs so you can investigate it? If it continues, it would be a bit disturbing :) Otherwise really like the product!

Comments

• Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    Options
    Hi Lord_Ami!

Could it cause from ADAPTER settings?
    This is my guessing.

Have a nice Midsummer!
    Näsäviisas
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi Lord_Ami,

What is the version of Freedome being used?

Is your Wi-Fi reconnecting again when Freedome again does the reconnection? With Freedome not connected, do you see the same happening with the Wi-Fi also?

• Lord_Ami
    Options

Hi!

Version: 1.16.3641.0

No, Wifi does not disconnect/reconnect. It happens in laptop too. When I have more time I will try to replicate it more. It seems to be quite random, but mostly happens with coming from Sleep (or during initial startup).

• Lord_Ami
    Options

Yes, you're right. This could be it.

I'll try to check my local IP after restart and verify it :) Will keep you posted.

Thank you!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Lord_Ami,

Just trying to follow up on this, were you able to verify it?

• Lord_Ami
    Options

Hi!

Sorry for lack of response. It seems to be originiating from DHCP changing local IP address. However, I've not experienced it so much anymore, so that's great :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thanks for keeping us posted, Lord_Ami! Good to know this has not happened again.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info