Purchased a year subscription (365 days) 2 days ago - expiry shows in February 2018! (275 days) WHY?

Draco27
Draco27 Posts: 1 New Member

Dear F-Secure staff,

I am a little confused as to why my subscription is to expire in February when I purchased and installed F-Secure only on th May 2017. I purchased 1 year for 3 devices and only put it on one device so far.

It clearly states in your FAQs too:

Multi-platform, multi-device subscriptions

You can purchase a Freedome subscription on our web site, where we offer several different subscription options to cover all your devices from mobile devices to laptops and desktops. Multi-platform subscriptions are available in groups of 3, 5, and 7 devices, and each subscription is valid for 12 months.

How does the Freedome license period work?

The license period for a multi-device subscription for Freedome starts the moment you install and activate your Freedome subscription by entering the subscription code on the first device. For example, if your first installation of Freedome was January 1st, the license period ends January 1st the following year, assuming that you have a 1-year subscription. All your subsequent installs now follow the same license end date as this first installation.

Previously, the license period for Freedome subscription was independent from each installation. This means that the license period started exactly from when you installed Freedome on a particular device. This is why you may see different license end dates from one installation to another.

However, during this transitional period, when you perform a license transfer, the license end date is synchronized to the longest available license duration on all installations. As an example, if the license end dates on three installations were January 22nd, February 22nd and March 22nd, 2016, all installations (after a license transfer) will now expire on March 22nd 2016 assuming you have a 1-year subscription.

so no word about it only being 9 months. I recently switched from another VPN to yours, hoping you are better, but I am already disappointed I can't chose from various Servers in a Country to connect, and now being robbed of 3 months subscription :*(

Please explain why it is only 9 months and not the 12 months a year has and I paid for.

Thank you.

BR
Draco

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info