How Anonymous is F-Secure?
A well known website (TorrentFreak) posts lists of the best anonymous VPN services each year. They ask each company the same set of questions to determine how anonymous the service actually is. Im due to renew my F-Secure subscription and I want to know how you respond to these simple questions before i do....
1. Do you keep ANY logs which would allow you to match an IP-address and a time stamp to a user of your service? If so, what information and for how long?
2. What is the registered name of the company and under what jurisdiction(s) does it operate?
3. Do you use any external visitor tracking, email providers or support tools that hold information of your users / visitors?
4. In the event you receive a takedown notice (DMCA or other), how are these handled?
5. What steps are taken when a valid court order or subpoena requires your company to identify an active user of your service? Has this ever happened?
6. Is BitTorrent and other file-sharing traffic allowed on all servers? If not, why?
7. Which payment systems do you use and how are these linked to individual user accounts?
8. What is the most secure VPN connection and encryption algorithm you would recommend to your users? Do you provide DNS leak protection and tools such as “kill switches” if a connection drops?
9. Do you offer a custom VPN application to your users? If so, for which platforms?
10. Do you use your own DNS servers?
11. Do you have physical control over your VPN servers and network or are they hosted by/accessible to a third party?
12. What countries are your servers located in?