Release Notes?

Danno
Danno Posts: 41 Contributor

Are there Release Notes for various versions of Freedome?   I cannot find where is documented the latest version.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Danno,

Currently, we do not have release notes for the recent Freedome versions here. I will forward your post to the product team and highlight your question.

• Danno
    Danno Posts: 41 Contributor

With my Mac OS version if I select 'Check for Updates' and there is no new update nothing happens.  The program should display 'On latest version' otherwise there is ambiguity.  -- Danno

• [Deleted User]

Hi Danno,

I passed on your feedback about the version number and the released notes. The product team mentioned that they are looking into it to see how to publish this information.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Posts: 4 New Member

So what happened? You just pass on comments from valued users, but no action nor feedback for 3 months?!  Fantastic customer support....not?!

Today I got a prompt to update from v1.10.x to 1.14.x but I have ZERO idea as to what the changes were and why. I also have zero idea what happened in the 3+ intermediate releases, if indeed there were any such releases. I use Freedome most days and I had NO requests to update the software before.

This kind of lack of transparency creates doubt with users, even suspicion. F-Secure claim they produce products that protect against hackers and nation states, yet they are losing credibility with me - no transaparency = no credibility. Period.

What's going on there Mikko? Your good reputation is being placed at risk because your company is showing some signs of failure.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Pizzaman,

Regarding the versions, we just released the 1.14 version for Windows. The previous version (1.10) came out in mid January and versions between 1.10 and 1.14 have been Mac releases only. There are no upgrade messaging improvements in this version.

Rest assured, our team is considering in which ways we could improve the upgrade messaging as this also involves localization in different languages. However, we have no new update about that.

• Ralph_
    Ralph_ Posts: 1 New Member

While I do not concur with the rather harsh wording chosen by Pizzaman, I would also appreciate some kind of minimum information as to what has changed.

By “minimum” I am referring to the kind of information usually provided on Google Play. If there are just some bug fixes or performance improvements that this information is sufficient for me. Yet, if your dependencies or requirements change then I’d like to have this information before installing it. Also, if new features are coming aboard or old features are being depreciated then I’d like to know about that and not find out about it by trial and error. I am not asking for much. Maybe just a line or two per version suffice.

Please note that this is usually also a great sales perk. If some is wondering whether or not he / she should consider purchasing a subscription and then you can show all the things you have changed / implemented in the past then people are much more likely to come aboard as they appreciate all the (documented) effort you put into your tools.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info