Unable to save any Preview (Mac) change

Dear Community and F-Secure Staff,

unfortunately yesterday I had to uninstall F-Secure AV for Mac because it blocked any changes I made to files opened and modified by Preview. I mean, I open a .pdf file or .jpeg or .pgn or else, then I add some words on it or I highlight a text portion; well when trying to save it (Mac OSX saves files on exit), F-Secure crashes my Preview. That's very bad. I uninstalled F-Sec, and all work well!!

My Sis info is:

Mac Mini

2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Ram 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

Have a nice day

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Niko70,

Could you precise the extend of your issue?
    Had some changes been done recently on your machine? Has the problem been there from day-one meanning as soon as you installed our product?
    Where were the modified files stored?

Could you please contact our support to investigate further your case? In this case you would need to reinstall our product, verify that the issue remains and produce an fsdiag for investigation.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact?

Feel free to refer to this thread when you open a support ticket.

Best Regards,

• Dear Ben,

thank you for your kind answer. As far as I know the only change I made was a 3 days ago when I installed OS X recommended update to version 10.7.3. I've tried even to reinstall F-Secure for Mac but the crash issue with Mac Preview showed up again. Unfortunately this is my computer for work and I cannot spend much time in trials and so on. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same issue...

Thank you so much,

best regards

_Nicola_

• klauzser
    klauzser Posts: 32 Observer

I am always getting a lot of problems when upgrading to different version of OS or any other updates suggested by my computer. I just hate it. If only I could disable auto updates.image

• nayan007
    nayan007 Posts: 41 Observer

Automatic Updates Shows the Automatic Updates status. Click Enable to activate or Disable to deactivate Automatic Updates.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info